Lt. Commander
# 1 UI and Season 6
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Will Season 6 feature an updated UI for players? I've seen one dev's post concerning the Star base and a custom UI for it.

I ask because the current UI doesn't really function all that well. Regardless if it is Space Combat or Ground Combat, the buttons rarely work on a single click. Often taking up to three clicks to activate a single skill.

There has also been a lot of requests for customizing the shader of the UI itself. Many seem to have issues with either the Blue or Red effecting their vision, though it has never been an issue for myself.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Will Season 6 feature an updated UI for players? I've seen one dev's post concerning the Star base and a custom UI for it.

I ask because the current UI doesn't really function all that well. Regardless if it is Space Combat or Ground Combat, the buttons rarely work on a single click. Often taking up to three clicks to activate a single skill.

There has also been a lot of requests for customizing the shader of the UI itself. Many seem to have issues with either the Blue or Red effecting their vision, though it has never been an issue for myself.

Thanks
I donīt know, but I sure hope so...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I hope they optimize it... The UI takes too much rendering power. I gain 15 FPS by disabling UI.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Agreed.Not only the UI has problems every now and then but it has no star trek look in it.Menus and windows look like a windows XP with a skin pack.They should be more trekkie and less Microsoft
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2012, 05:40 AM
Yes, I'd like to see some improvements. I have real problems working with the Klingon HUD...

The red has less contrast overall to all the other red stuff in Klingon space, and it's also a rather dark red, leading to a bad contrast.

Also, having to distinguish red and orange colors to identify friend from foe is something that Klingons may easily do (since they presumably see in a different range then humans do), but for me, it sucks greatly.

I would prefer more customziabl UI here. Ideally, hostile/Fed ships simply would appear blue. That would already improve a lot even if there was no customization option at all. (Better if people could still switch between old and new, though, since some people seem to like it).

Then, we can probably go into a Fed/KDF neutral territory and adjust the BO power colors:
  • Tactical = Red
  • Science = Blue
  • Engineering = Yellow

I've seen screenshots of people that modded their UI like that and it is really a big improvement.