Lt. Commander
How good would a Sci Captain be using a T5 Excel for Tanking?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 05:55 AM
The Excelsior is a fantastic ship, but the Lt. Cdr. Tactical station and the lighter hull and crew compliments than its contemporaries lend it better for damage dealing than for tanking.

Not to say it cannot tank, it's just not the best at it.

What brought you to the Excelsior for a tank?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I actually used it to tank back LONG before the skill revamp, almost a year ago.

But if its better as a damage, can you suggest a build that I could use? I'd like to give it a try.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I can tank elite cubes in stf.
Yesterday I was tanking 3 probes and 2 BoP in Kerrat.
They did suck and I got nasty messages afterward.

Its got great maneuverability which is a big chunk of shield tanking, being able to rotate shield facings. That way I can use the tactical team slot for more damage.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323
I actually used it to tank back LONG before the skill revamp, almost a year ago.

But if its better as a damage, can you suggest a build that I could use? I'd like to give it a try.
Well - the main thing I go for with how I run my ship is the ability to rotate EPTW1 x2 and EPTS2/3. This puts both your weapons and shield power at 125 pretty much constantly
My other engineering abilities are Aux to SIF 1, Eng Team 1 and Eject Warp Plasma

I have a few options for my tactical station:
With my tactical slot I presently run FaW1 and FaW2, plus Torp Spread 3
If I'm running cannons though, I run Scatter Volley 1 and 2, plus tactical team 1
FaW1 and FaW2 plus AP Omega is also an option

As for Science, I go tractor beam and sci team, because if I don't have them, I find it very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 11:25 AM
seriously look at an Oddy. the universal Boff slots let you go from tank to DPS on the fly