Lt. Commander
# 1 Boff Roles on my ship!
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm frustrated.

I recently swapped out my science officers. My science officer that I've had since the beginning of the game is now, by coincidence, in my ensign slot, and my new science officer is in the lieutenant spot.

BUT he's not supposed to be my chief science officer! I don't want to see his ugly borg mug every time I get a science report! Even if my old one only comes with me on ground missions, she's STILL my first officer!

It's ANNOYING.

My suggestion: Since we've got those awesome department head selectors in the Doff system, how hard would it be to use those for the different bridge officer reports, instead of simply whoever occupied the highest-ranked console on my bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
I'm frustrated.

I recently swapped out my science officers. My science officer that I've had since the beginning of the game is now, by coincidence, in my ensign slot, and my new science officer is in the lieutenant spot.

BUT he's not supposed to be my chief science officer! I don't want to see his ugly borg mug every time I get a science report! Even if my old one only comes with me on ground missions, she's STILL my first officer!

It's ANNOYING.

My suggestion: Since we've got those awesome department head selectors in the Doff system, how hard would it be to use those for the different bridge officer reports, instead of simply whoever occupied the highest-ranked console on my bridge?
I like your suggestion.

In the meantime, you could try to train your favorite Science Officer in the skills you want him to have as Lieutenant and put him in the Lt.slot. You can also retrain the Borg BOFF to the skills your Science Officer used to have if you stil lwant them and put him in the Ensign slot. That should solve the problem for now, I think.

In case you didn't know (but you probably do with a join date in 2009)
Training Bridge Officers is done at Earth Space Dock or on Q'onos. On ESD, after leaving the transporter room, go to the right and follow the corridors until you get in the area where the sickbay also is. Behind one of the counters (left if you look at the door to sickbay) is the BO trainer
On Q'onos, if you leave the transporter room and go half-right through to the opposite site there is a room containing the BO trainer in the lower area. You'll need some EC and Bridge Officer Skill Points for retraining.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Yup, I know how to fix it; I just wish I didn't HAVE to.

The thought is thanked, though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I too would like to decide who gives those messages. Like Ensign Jenna should be the one saying we are clear to warp to the next sector, since she is my Conn officer. Or have Luwara give the medical type stuff, since she is my CMO, not Emony, my chief science officer. I just end up forcing myself to switch them in my head. But it's little things like that which could make the game greater.

Though those department heads don't always work for me. I keep getting random people giving wrong department reports.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM
The only problem I can think of is that, if the standard missions are anything like the Foundry, those cues are right now engineering space, engineering ground, and the tactical and science variations for those both.

Changing those would take time and effort, as those six calls now jump to fourteen, seven for space and ground. And that's assuming they don't keep functionality of the originals, which would then invalidate EVERY foundry mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2012, 10:32 AM
why not retrain your boff? if you're not a sci captain than just go to earth space dock and do it there.

then you'll be able to slot your officer where you want and have the right person reporting to you.