Lt. Commander
The usual Starfleet ships are human ships, because Earth donated its Starfleet to the Federation when it was founded. The Andorians, the Vulcans, and obviously also the Caitans kept their own fleets, although they are probably smaller than Starfleet.

Now, with the multiple wars going on in this existential crisis era, Starfleet is commissioning non-human-built ships, thus breaking a tradition that never really made sense for a Federation of equal species anyway. Obviously, this should also be reflected in the ships' names. While I can see why a human ship would be named USS Enterprise, USS Defiant, USS Voyager or USS Tsiolkovsky, a Caitian ship clearly would have to have a Caitian name.

Looking at Memory Beta, we can see two obvious names:
  • Dynkorra M'relle, because naming a ship after a politician is not unheard of (although we haven't seen that in StarTrek yet). By extension, the prename "Dynkorra" might have a mythological reference for Caitians,
  • S'rrel, who was the first Caitian to serve in Starfleet and who later became an admiral.

What else comes to your mind as possible Caitian Carrier ship names?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Don't know, but as said elsewhere, there are no prizes for guessing just how many of these carriers using the name USS Kitty Hawk we'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Which would make about as much sense as naming any Starfleet ship of human design "USS Gorilla".
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Don't know, but as said elsewhere, there are no prizes for guessing just how many of these carriers using the name USS Kitty Hawk we'll see.
[whistles innocently]

Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Any Wing Commander fan worth their salt could come up with a decent name for these things.

I personally use 'Ras'nik'hra'.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2012, 12:44 AM
I have one in my fleet, who tries to go all cat... his current ship is named "litterbox"... I can imagine that name will be passed on if he decides to get a kitty ship.

Then of cause theres the USS Felix...
USS BiteMe
USS Whiskers
USS Fur-ball
USS Mouse
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I came up with two new names.

USS Serval - Servals are a less well-known species of lion mostly found in africa
USS Schrodinger
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Now, with the multiple wars going on in this existential crisis era, Starfleet is commissioning non-human-built ships, thus breaking a tradition that never really made sense for a Federation of equal species anyway.
I can't agree with that. I don't think of Starfleet ships as human ships.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Well, note the similarity of pre-Federation human designs and overall later Starfleet designs. Also, note the human name references in regular Starfleet ship names. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjumetley View Post
I can't agree with that. I don't think of Starfleet ships as human ships.
Well, they are all based on (in principle) the NX-01 Enterprise, which was a Human ship......