Lt. Commander
# 1 TNG Phaser Rifles !!!
05-06-2012, 07:23 AM
I have been waiting 2 YEARS...

TNG PHASER RIFLES

WHEN?

/steal this sig

i know the demand is there,
i just don't see it on the Forums, so i made this sig, and i will keep it there as a constant reminder to the Dev's until i get my Star Trek TNG pew pews !

i know many players hate the Mk X + Phaser Rifles with the silly holographic blue stuff on it.
the Maco Phaser Rifle is an adopted taste, i like it now, but more so because of the "MMO bragging rights",
when i've first seen it i found it to look silly and unfitting to Star Trek ...way to fat,
also the pointer when sniping an enemy is everything but visually pleasing... "functional" at best.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2012, 08:51 AM
I still use phasers at max level.

They already have 2 or 3 designs of Rifles in the game. Have you search for them?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
i know many players hate the Mk X + Phaser Rifles with the silly holographic blue stuff on it.
I would love to see an option like we have for the Kits & Armors, that allowed us to simply disable the holographic visuals on the weapons. But i guess those visuals are "tied" to the models, so it would possibly require a little work to make this happen.

That said, i would also like to see the missing TNG / DS9 / VOY rifles & phasers in the game. Without those holographic visuals of course.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:

TNG PHASER RIFLES

WHEN?

/steal this sig

i just don't see it on the Forums, so i made this sig, and i will keep it there as a constant reminder to the Dev's until i get my Star Trek TNG pew pews !

the Maco Phaser Rifle is an adopted taste, i like it now, but more so because of the "MMO bragging rights",
when i've first seen it i found it to look silly and unfitting to Star Trek ...way to fat,
also the pointer when sniping an enemy is everything but visually pleasing... "functional" at best.
The first contact rifle with foregrip (the EVA one) pls.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:

TNG PHASER RIFLES

WHEN?

/steal this sig

STO made t a point to drive people away from phasers very early on. Apparently the devs thought it more appropriate to have Starfleet officers running around using alien machine guns and weapons that never existed in the series. I have no idea why.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo935
STO made t a point to drive people away from phasers very early on. Apparently the devs thought it more appropriate to have Starfleet officers running around using alien machine guns and weapons that never existed in the series. I have no idea why.
And what do you mean by that? I've never felt "DRIVEN AWAY" from Phasers/disruptors early on. I chose to get others for the damage accolades. one of my characters I plan to use phasers at endgame.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I still use phasers at endgame.

haters gonna hate

http://i.imgur.com/xe1S7.jpg
Captain
# 8
08-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post

haters gonna hate ...
indeed.

# 9
08-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Geordi roll in before the necro post Mod lock, in 3...2...1.
Happy Holidays, STO Community, and Staff!
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Agreed, TNG phaser rifles are a must! I hate the lvl 50 phasers. They dont look fed anymore, they just look like glowing giant silver fish sticks! @_@