Lt. Commander
# 1 Newb question
05-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Ok i just started te game but I am spending points to increase my Boff skills already. What do I do if i misspec a boff? how do i get new boffs? and will it mater if the boff i have now is not the one i keep and level up the entire time i play?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Skills can be changed (skill trainer earth space dock)
Officers can be obtained as mission/leveling rewards , bought (on exchange or at officer next to trainer) or even traded
Boff skill points are gainable all the way up
you can always ditch and replace
Lt. Commander
# 3 thanks
05-09-2012, 02:32 AM
so as near as i can tell from reading the only Boff I will ever be trying to keep are the purple guys. what is the differance in a new purple guy with no missions under his belt and a green or blue guy with 20 missions complete?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2012, 11:00 PM
The blue-green guys don't gain any bonuses except for what you spend on them. A boff is defined by the gear you pick for them, the skills you train them in, and the XP you spend on them. The only inate unchangable thing about them is their traits, stuff like Efficient or Peak Health or Resilient, and the quality of those traits is where rarity comes in.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't really care for boff quality as my personal influence and as abovesaid well specced boff gear and skillset tends to secure victory anyway.

I finish the game with the starting set of boffs with no issues.

If you make a mistake with skill and points assignment don't worry. It's cheap to re-skill them. By the time you're Vice Admiral you'll have a few hundred thousand unspent boff points anyway so mix and match and experiment at your heart's content. The game is meant to be flexible for you to play around with boffs or even have multiple boff configurations for a single ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6 you know
05-10-2012, 12:48 AM
thank you again it is nice to log into a forum and ask question without getting trolled very differant from most game forums i am used to
Lt. Commander
# 7 question
05-10-2012, 12:53 AM
What do the Boff traits that are differant between rarity do?