Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Okay guys I know there are jokester's in here so let's see them.

If you've ever seen Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck, if...." parody then you'll know just what to say.

I'm not good but I will start.....

If you are having an argument with your wife and you hear "Shields Up, Red Alert" in your head......you might be a Trekkie.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
You end debates at home, by pointing a toy phaser at whomever you debate with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I work in a call center just now and instead of using the correct ending phrase I just blurted out.....

"<My Name> Out" (Just like Picard...)

Man I felt dumb when I found out that was one of our QA monitored calls...
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
You might be a trekie if your dog is named General Martok, and your Ball Python Gul Dukat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-09-2012, 11:18 PM
You manage to regularly use the term "Structural Integrity" in normal conversation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-09-2012, 11:26 PM
You might be a trekkie, if you're like me, and use "engage" at every opportunity.

You might be a trekkie, if you're like me, and have the tricorder app on your iPhone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
If you see a street name that has anything to do with "Star Trek" and that's the first thing you think of, no matter what you should have thought of first...you might be a Trekkie.

(I'm actually guilty of this. There's two streets where I live named "Enterprise" and "Vulcan")
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-15-2012, 12:46 AM
your significant other starts to walk out of the house in a red shirt and you blurt out "it's your funeral!"
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Some guy cuts you off on the freeway and the 'red alert' sound lays in your head and you imagine phaser bank sounds and imagine his being vaporized.

~guilty as charged~

=====OH SNAP JUST REMEMBERED======

Today in the Boeing Vanpool, our driver rear ended someone at the stop sign and I automatically heard in my head "Hull integrity below 75%". They kept (other passengers) asking me what was so funny.

Lt. Commander
# 10
05-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektre12
Some guy cuts you off on the freeway and the 'red alert' sound lays in your head and you imagine phaser bank sounds and imagine his being vaporized.

~guilty as charged~

=====OH SNAP JUST REMEMBERED======

Today in the Boeing Vanpool, our driver rear ended someone at the stop sign and I automatically heard in my head "Hull integrity below 75%". They kept (other passengers) asking me what was so funny.

The hull integrity part is hilarious! Hope the Boeing Shuttlecraft had Aux2Struct

For me I mentally hit TAB if I detect a vehicle driven recklessly or about to infringe on my right of way.

Because I only have two wheels and not four I imagine the LCARS computer voice automatically saying "Multi Vector Assault mode activated".

Native Asian drivers here apparently will not give way to other vehicles but actively block you if you try to pass, so what I do is feint left and then attack from the right to lanesplit past the huge gap they left on the other side.

They have no idea how to compensate for motorcycle MVAM