Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Alright ya'll, as the title states I need some ideas for naming an Excelsior Retrofit (or is it refit) Class. I also just purchased an Excelsior class model kit so I want to use the name both on my ingame ship and on my model.

I don't want to recycle names that have been used 50 trillion times and want something different. I don't care what language the name comes from, but if you do suggest a ship name from a different language please supply what language it is from and exactly what it means.

I've been going nuts trying to come up with something really unique and just something that really sounds good and since it was someone from the community that helped me come up with the name for my MVAE I figured I'd give this a shot again.

Thanks all in advance for you're help and can't wait to see what ya'll can come up with.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Oh yeah forgot to mention one thing, no religious (at least no religion specifc) names and nothing political.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
Oh yeah forgot to mention one thing, no religious (at least no religion specifc) names and nothing political.
How about: Dahlgren, Tripoli, Iwo Jima, Mount Whitney, Montpilier, Gibralter, LIttle Creek, Swift (as in Admiral Scott C type), Lancer, Mirabel, Fall's Church, Catomber.

Those are the ones that just come to mind, I can dig around if you want more or if those don't suit you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
I have a problem with this as it violates the 1st Amendment rights pertaining and protecting freedom of religion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Valiant, Warwick, Resolute, Revolution, Armistice, Interceptor, Leviathan, Columbia, Columbus, Cortes, Voltaire, Hope, Veteran, Archduke, Barricade, Resistance, Baton Rouge, Relevance. That just a few
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgtburglar
I have a problem with this as it violates the 1st Amendment rights pertaining and protecting freedom of religion.
To be blunt, I don't give a damn. This thread is merely my asking my fellow players for helping come up with different possibilities for a ship name that I might like to use for my person in-game ship as well as a physical 3d model that will be sitting on my entertainment center. I have every right to set the criteria as to what I would or would not like for my own ship.

1) Nothing pertaining to a specific religion or anything Political (Guardian Angel for example represents and overall ideal and is not religion specific so that would be acceptable. A Guardian Angel and a Spirit Animal or Spirit Guide are all much in the same)

2) What language the word or phrase is from doesn't matter, as long as the person posting the suggestion can clearly state what language it is from and the accurate translation into english. This is to prevent any "translation errors"

3) I want something original and unique.

None of this infringes on your personal rights, it is just my personal criteria for my personal ship as I have stated so instead of trying to be a purely disruptive annoyance please refrain from such pointless, disruptive posts.

_________

Now as far as the other suggestions so far, not bad, most all of those names have had very decorated ships in the military and quite a few have been used on Star Trek. I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm looking for something more original and unique. That's why I'm having so much trouble coming up with something. With all the words in all the languages you'd think it'd be easy to come up with something original for a ship name, yeah not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
To be blunt, I don't give a damn. This thread is merely my asking my fellow players for helping come up with different possibilities for a ship name that I might like to use for my person in-game ship as well as a physical 3d model that will be sitting on my entertainment center. I have every right to set the criteria as to what I would or would not like for my own ship.

1) Nothing pertaining to a specific religion or anything Political (Guardian Angel for example represents and overall ideal and is not religion specific so that would be acceptable. A Guardian Angel and a Spirit Animal or Spirit Guide are all much in the same)

2) What language the word or phrase is from doesn't matter, as long as the person posting the suggestion can clearly state what language it is from and the accurate translation into english. This is to prevent any "translation errors"

3) I want something original and unique.

None of this infringes on your personal rights, it is just my personal criteria for my personal ship as I have stated so instead of trying to be a purely disruptive annoyance please refrain from such pointless, disruptive posts.

_________

Now as far as the other suggestions so far, not bad, most all of those names have had very decorated ships in the military and quite a few have been used on Star Trek. I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm looking for something more original and unique. That's why I'm having so much trouble coming up with something. With all the words in all the languages you'd think it'd be easy to come up with something original for a ship name, yeah not so much.

Huh. I actually looked up ships in service and history for most of those. I used to disposition the Mt Whitney, there and has never been a Dahlgren that I'm aware of and it's entirely likely that you have me on ignore, which is cool too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2012, 10:59 PM
I named mine USS Classic. I mean, it is, right?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Moloch View Post
Huh. I actually looked up ships in service and history for most of those. I used to disposition the Mt Whitney, there and has never been a Dahlgren that I'm aware of and it's entirely likely that you have me on ignore, which is cool too.
Why would I have you on ignore?? There's actually one 1 real person on game or in forums that I have on ignore that it's just this one really annoying dude from Defera.

I actually like the way Dahlgren sounds when spoken, I did a google search on it and found the 3 military vessels that had the name and then checked google images and found there are a few people on STO using that name so unfortunately that's a no go. I know I'm being incredibly picky. lol

I'm going to have a Battle Star Galactica Model on one side of my entertainment center and an Excelsior Class on the otherside just waiting for an epic battle, it just screams for an epically unique and completely different name.

where's a Earth: Final Conflict taelon random name generator when you need one, their names are so different and cool sounding lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-14-2012, 09:50 PM
USS Resolute
USS Centauri
USS Hanson
USS Sentinel
USS Damar
USS Dathon