Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Someone on the global chat said rainbow ship is more usefull than one color ship.
This guy said he uses feature of each kind of weapon and his ship is better than same ship with full antiproton (console mag antiproton and antiproton weapon).
Is it true? I thought it's best using only kinf of energy weapon with the right tactical console. Do I made mistake?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Someone on the global chat said rainbow ship is more usefull than one color ship.
This guy said he uses feature of each kind of weapon and his ship is better than same ship with full antiproton (console mag antiproton and antiproton weapon).
Is it true? I thought it's best using only kinf of energy weapon with the right tactical console. Do I made mistake?
Pretty sure someone was trolling hard, lol. Rainblow boats are the sure sign of a noob player.

Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2012, 02:50 AM
if your just buffing for a pvp team maybe but your cutting your damage by 1/2 by going skittle boat at best. if the ship has 2 tac spots that means 36% damage as opposed to 52% damage bonus on mk11 rare same type setup. So if your in elite stf please dont bring a skittle boat. the damage difference is noticable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Your last couple sentences got the right of it. Stay with that.

There is a reason PvPers and STFers call such ships Rainbow Brights, Skittles Pukers, Technicolor Yawners, and Rainbow Warriors. Not one of those reasons is complimentary.

The notion is to stack different procs. The trade off is each weapons does a lot less damage as you do not have enough tac console slots to boost the all the damage types effectively.

Trust me pick a energy weapon type. Get the right console for that energy weapon type. Get as many of those consoles as you can fit, unless you are running a build that favors torps and then get the right console to boost that projectile type. Stack tac consoles for the same weapons type you favor to win.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2012, 03:38 AM
There is one exclusion. If you use one of the "torp boat" variants you will probably use all tac slots to boost torp damage, so you can safely troll pugs with skittle turrets in aft slots, you will loose nothing
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Remember there are tactical consoles that boost all Energy damage. It USED to be the case that these boosted by less damage than a specific console. However that was changed way back. So now generic consoles do the same damage as all the others.

Where there might be a difference is the frequency of procs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
Remember there are tactical consoles that boost all Energy damage. It USED to be the case that these boosted by less damage than a specific console. However that was changed way back. So now generic consoles do the same damage as all the others.

Do you mean it's better to have
3 x Console - Tactical - Directed Energy Distribution Manifold with many kind of energy beam?

So then you mean generic console are better then
3 x http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Tac..._Mag_Regulator with full antiproton beam (DBB, DHC, and others) ?

So It means my dreadnought with 3 3 x http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Tac..._Mag_Regulator MkXII rare with 8 beam MkXII very rare is weakest than any rainbow ship. I concluded I wasted my time to save credit buying console and beam.
This game has no sense...
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:

This is the first I've ever heard of this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:

Ummm no?

The universal consoles add less bonus than specific ones...

A blue Mk XI AP mag = +26%
A blue Mk XI Prefire Chamber/Directed Energy Distrobution Manifold = +18%

Yes... there was a time when generic consoles added the same as specific ones, but that is history. Mixing weapons is a bad idea.

feistyfawn, don't listen to this guy and people who claim that hippe boats are better than single-type... Your boat is build with reason, not random... You WILL do more damage than a Hippie boat with universal consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ummm no?

The universal consoles add less bonus than specific ones...

A blue Mk XI AP mag = +26%
A blue Mk XI Prefire Chamber/Directed Energy Distrobution Manifold = +18%

Yes... there was a time when generic consoles added the same as specific ones, but that is history. Mixing weapons is a bad idea.

feistyfawn, don't listen to this guy and people who claim that hippe boats are better than single-type... Your boat is build with reason, not random... You WILL do more damage than a Hippie boat with universal consoles.
Damn it! They've changed it back again! Missed that in the patch notes.