Lt. Commander
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120511a.13

New Features
  • Colony Invasion
    • This is a new five man 10-to-15 minute event that is available from the queue at any time.
    • The event is playable by unmixed Starfleet or KDF teams.
      • Starfleet teams attempt to rescue the colony.
      • Klingon teams fight invaders for glory while capturing Federation colonists.
    • This event is designed for teams of level 50 characters.
    • An enemy force attacks a Federation colony world.
      • Players fight against this enemy force.
      • The enemy could be any one of a number of different types of foes.
    • While fighting the enemy, the team has a chance to complete other objectives, including downloading critical data from colony computers, beaming out Federation diplomats, or beaming up critically-injured colonists.
    • Defeating all of the enemies will provide a reward.
      • Completing extra bonus objectives grants additional rewards.
    • Some of the bonus objectives are timed and can be missed.
      • Move quickly and use team tactics to control enemy movement!
  • No Win Scenario
    • This is a new five man team mission available to both Fed and KDF players that have reached level 50.
    • This mission is available from the PVE queue at any time.
    • The mission consists of 10 Waves.
      • All team members are rewarded automatically at the end of each successful wave.
      • For testing purposes, the reward is dilithium, however this will change before it goes to Holodeck.
    • Each wave will get progressively harder and the reward for completing a wave will get progressively better.
    • This is designed to be a true No Win Scenario.
      • Players are not expected to get much further than wave 6 or 7.
      • However, the mission is not artificially gated and can be completed if you beat all ten waves.
    • There are new accolades and titles for this as well beginning with the completion of wave 5.

General:
  • Private queues owners can now kick members from the queue.
  • The visual FX for space and ground loot has been updated.
  • VFX updated for several science powers.
    • Charged Particle Burst
    • Scattering Field
    • Jam Sensors
    • Hazard Emitters
    • Polarize Hull
    • Transfer Shield Strength
    • Tykens Rift
    • Viral Matrix
    • Energy Syphon
    • Scramble Sensors
    • Tachyon Beam
  • Resolved black triangle graphics all over:
    • Drozana Station
    • TOS Interior
    • KLG Interior
    • Qonos Ground
  • Updated the in-game event calendar:
    • Removed the Crystalline Entity event.
    • The Federation and KDF Academy events have been merged into one timeslot.
    • The Federation and KDF Mirror events have been merged into one timeslot.
  • Any large ships that make it into the Vault event will be booted out.

Fleets:
  • Fleet events no longer have Owners.
    • Instead, when creating or editing a fleet event, you can choose the minimum fleet rank that is needed to edit or cancel the fleet event.
  • You can now have two different Fleet events with the same name.
  • You can now assign recurrence limits to Fleet events.
    • For example, you can create an event that occurs once a week for a 5-week period.
  • Fleets can now transfer leadership from their Leader if their Leader has not logged in within 30 days.
    • This is done through a "Claim Leadership" button that will appear on the bottom of the Fleet Roster for the highest ranking members of the Fleet that have been active within 30 days.

UI:
  • The Skills Detail window no longer changes its position when the UI Interface Scale is edited.
  • The visual appearance of the Away Team Picker has been updated.
  • WASD keys can now be used to control the scanning and mining minigames.
  • Comparative tooltips now show for rewards even if the character status window is not open.
  • Added a 'Queue' button to the calendar when the event has a queue.
  • Added a Sort button to the inventory.
  • Bridge Officer rally point FX now hides when the rest of the UI is hidden.
  • There is a new reticle in shooter mode for when you can interact with a person or object.
  • There are new buttons on the Status window that allow you to easily hide and show armor and kits.
    • The button for showing/hiding your weapon is currently not functional.

Known Issues:
  • Access to the Foundry is currently disabled, for both creating and playing missions.
  • The Dilithium exchange is disabled.
  • The Bridge Officer tab for boffs purchased in the C-Store is not present for Klingons. Get your Ferasan boffs on Holodeck before transferring.
  • There may be excessive bloom in some locations in space.
  • There is a delay between when a grenade explodes and when enemies are knocked back.
  • The Queue window may still be open once you enter a map entered through the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120511a.13

New Features
  • Colony Invasion
  • This is a new five man 10-to-15 minute event that is available from the queue at any time.
  • No Win Scenario
  • This is a new five man team mission available to both Fed and KDF players that have reached level 50.
  • This mission is available from the PVE queue at any time.
  • Players are not expected to get much further than wave 6 or 7.
  • However, the mission is not artificially gated and can be completed if you beat all ten waves.
  • There are new accolades and titles for this as well beginning with the completion of wave 5.

General:
  • Private queues owners can now kick members from the queue.
  • Resolved black triangle graphics all over:
  • Removed the Crystalline Entity event.
  • Any large ships that make it into the Vault event will be booted out.

Fleets:
  • Fleet events no longer have Owners.
  • Fleets can now transfer leadership from their Leader if their Leader has not logged in within 30 days.

UI:

wohoot looks great some longstanding things especially for fleets
great to see less gated content
why no more CE?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
any fix for the orion t5 patrol cruisers window effects being bugged out/glitched on the left side of the ship ?
in this or being planed ?

also please pass the feedback along if u can and are able reg: adding the type 2 and 3 windows for the t5 patrol cruiser from the other 2 orion cruisers... ty
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2012, 12:26 PM
ok first of all. yay!

second of all. yay!!

but third I have to ask is the 'available from the queue at any time' just for testing or is that permanent even when it goes live?

i hope its permanent and that any time gating will be for doubling rewards but im not going to hold me breath?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Great a mission "Colony Invasion" i cant play with my fed fleet mates. Im forced to be in a klingon fleet because klingon characters cant be in a fed/kli mixed fleet.

Thanks for ruining this for me now i cant do it with my mates.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Great a mission "Colony Invasion" i cant play with my fed fleet mates. Im forced to be in a klingon fleet because klingon characters cant be in a fed/kli mixed fleet.

Huh, you no like KDF content????
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaavvaahh
Huh, you no like KDF content????
I would but.. Im in a mixed fleet due to the game we have a fed fleet and a kli fleet and im very much on my own cept a few others as most of them are feds. Even tho its a mixed fleet we cannot team up in this new mission and do it together on the same side can we. Hence my dismay and hope later that they allow mixed fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
I would but.. Im in a mixed fleet due to the game we have a fed fleet and a kli fleet and im very much on my own cept a few others as most of them are feds. Even tho its a mixed fleet we cannot team up in this new mission and do it together on the same side can we. Hence my dismay and hope later that they allow mixed fleets.
I m in the same position, and having something to do that is different, will sooner or later make those feddies log their KDF alts. Its not time gated, so i see this as a plus. Sorry you were hoping for something else
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:

Play as a Federation character?

Sorry, I just think if you re-read what you wrote you'll be a little embarassed... :S
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Play as a Federation character?

Sorry, I just think if you re-read what you wrote you'll be a little embarassed... :S
Hmm no you re-read it. It is pretty clear why im disappointed that i cant do the mission with my fleet mates on the same side of the mission. If we did it together id be on my own mostly and rest would be playing the fed part.

Nah feds are boring no way im giving up my gurumba and stuff.