Lt. Commander
# 1 Anti Proton weapons
05-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Question guys, I've been looking for anti proton based beam weapons for my Odyssey tac flagship, and I can't seem to find anything. Should I use polaron based beams, or keep looking?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2012, 11:24 AM
it's hard to find them on the exchange. But if you do STF's you can get them very easily. The tactical consoles to boost AP dmg can be purchased with dilithium or very expensive ones on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2012, 11:27 AM
I was wondering about that. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy229
Question guys, I've been looking for anti proton based beam weapons for my Odyssey tac flagship, and I can't seem to find anything. Should I use polaron based beams, or keep looking?
Antiproton weapons are purchaseable at DS9 (for various Borg salvage) in the Omega Force office, at Deep Space K-9 from the weapons consoles outside the shipyard (for dilithium) or from Battlefleet Omega's equipment procurement ship (for dilithium). Not sure about Starbase Sierra. I also think there is a vendor who sells blue versions (lower capability) for lower prices, but can't remember where they are.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2012, 11:54 AM
also from crafting
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I have noticed most use anti proton in STF , are they the best ?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2012, 02:37 PM
It's because there are many non-moving targets, which have a much higher chance to be hit critically. And for the rest, the weapontype doesn't matter as much (though even then, the dps of anti-proton is likely highest). extra damage is always useful, where other mods (phaser, polaron) aren't always effective.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2012, 07:29 PM
I believe there are Anti Proton weapons on the D-Store

Many people consider Anti Proton weapons to be the best because they don't have a proc, they have a [CritD] Modifier instead. which means every time you crit you get a DPS increase.

I would rank Anti Protons First, Phasers I rank last especially since the Borg are practically immune to Phaser proc.

At the end of the day pick the colour you like the most it'll be fine for PVE. Anti Protons will however do more DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Now here is a follow up question, I recently started grinding STF (normal) and went all in with antiproton heavy cannons and turrets for my MVAE purchased through the exchange. I noticed in the omega office that the borg equivalent runs with lower dps but has the borg proc. Should I even bother grinding for the borg version? What are your thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-27-2012, 10:16 PM
The Mk XII [Borg] AP guns are the only Mk XII APs you'll find, and deal more damage than any of the currently available Mk XI APs, while also carrying an [Acc] modifier.

I wouldn't bother with Mk X STF gear, personally, and it probably isn't worth the effort to switch to the Mk XI [Borg] weapons if you already have a set of Mk XI guns.