Lt. Commander
# 1 The Atrox...
05-27-2012, 08:29 PM
I have the Atrox and in general its a good ship.

Though the price of the ship and what you get from it leaves something to be desired.
The voquv is FREE, simply use your standard rank up token and Congrats.
The karfi is only 1600cp, for this price you get what is generally considered the best carrier in game. This price includes TWO unique hangars and a console.

So the Atrox with its 2000cp price tag? Only one special hangar, no console, no bridge, no special ability/unique feature. It is basically a 2000cp voquv, aka a free ship.

Now one might argue that all fed hangars are currently unique to the Atrox, which is true "for now". As soon as another fed ship that has a hangar slot or two shows up all the Atrox has are the stalkers.

I can understand not wanting to give the feds the "best" carrier. Though why not let one of the LtComms be a universal slot so it has a broader appeal? Why not give it more fluff for it's premium price tag like a special interior. Why not give it a unique frigate like its klink counterparts have? We still don't have fed flight deck doffs yet.... How about a special console just like EVERY other 2000cp ship has?

Right now I have the ship, I have fun with the ship, but for the price there just should have been more to it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Probably because it is a Federation Carrier. Players have been complaining about the Feds having carriers since launch. Both for and against Fed Carriers. The cost and race could be Cryptic's attempt to appease both sides. The players for Fed Carriers get a carrier and the people against Fed Carriers have the arguments that it is not a Fed Carrier, but a Carrier from a race from the Federation and it costs 2000 CP while the KDF Carrier is free.
Lt. Commander
# 3 PW
05-27-2012, 11:29 PM
With PW runing the show more and more they have gone after the fast money. Even the new Punk Kitty they put are not what people were asking for. 99% of player wanted more of TAS look what we got was well go look at the Ferasan. Dought there will be any ship under 2k anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Slightly off-topic but that 'punk' caitian is a bit of a joke. Its just a simple re-skin and not a new race at all. In fact its not even that. Its just an extra palette of colours that were already in-game made available for a race that already existed.

Its very cheap...
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Atrox would be 1000x better if they would fix the graphical draw cap

(which would require investing money in hiring competent programmers)
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2012, 04:13 AM
One other thing about the Atrox is the fact its a VA ship that only has 4 Bridge officer slots. The layout for evey other VA ship I have seen so far has 5 Bridge officer slots.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Slightly off-topic but that 'punk' caitian is a bit of a joke. Its just a simple re-skin and not a new race at all. In fact its not even that. Its just an extra palette of colours that were already in-game made available for a race that already existed.

Its very cheap...
I don't understand why they just didn't make Caitians cross faction like the Liberated Borg and the Trill.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Romulans are a simple reskin and not a new race at all.