Lt. Commander
# 1 Lifetime Subscription Sale
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
To celebrate the graduating Academy class of 2012, lifetime subscriptions are on sale from now until June 29th at 3:00pm PDT. Visit this page for full details.

Link to the Lifetime Subscription page.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
My mistake, nevermind
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Think I'll stay FTP as going to be a life subscriber is the last thing on my mind unless things make a turn for the better I probably will say there be some who think the same
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2012, 01:55 PM
already a lifetimer so this has no use for me.

still waiting for new missions Cryptic.

and no Doff Missions do not count I mean Storyline Missions
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker1988 View Post

But Doff Missions = the NEW Storyline Missions !
Chain Missions ?
Heck , they are practically a mini-FE .
Foreal ! :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I am hoping this sale is going to be a prelude for better value of what some of us have spent on this Based on that post about they were discussing ways to put more value into it.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker1988 View Post

This x10000!!! There has been zilch new story content for way... way too long. Not playing until there is more story content.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Please do not fall for this crap. It is offensive that they even offer this, it is only an attempt to take advantage of people not able to do math. I bought the lifetime sub before the game was released and felt ripped almost immediately. They haven't added any new content, only new ways for you to give them more money. Now they are offering you WAY less (when I bought it, I was saving the monthly fee - or so I thought). If you REALLY insist on supporting their cstore, then buy the points - NOT the subscription.

As has already been posted, 400 cpoints a month is no where near worth it.

Please do not support their greedy ways, you will regret it. And you will feel dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-05-2012, 02:27 PM
400CP/month stipend

500CP is 4, Lifetime sub is 128.33, which would buy me 16000CP in a lump sum

16000/400=40, so STO needs to run for, and I need to keep playing for, another three years and four months for this to be worth it.

Can't see this being worthwhile, especially if things like lockboxes and timegated content continue to be the way forward

As for the other benefits? Liberated Borg would be nice if we could change races, but we can't, and I'm not grinding through another character, thanks all the same

Priority login? Not really an issue, I've never had a problem logging in, and if I do I'll just wait.

Veteran rewards? tempting, but only kick in after a long time. I doubt anyone buying during this sale will get to see the 1000 day rewards

I'll be kicking myself if, in seven years time STO is a wonderful, must-play game that does away with all the annoyances and truly values its player base, but right now? I don't see STO continuing to exist in three years, and I certainly don't see my interest surviving to that point, maybe others do.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax1985
I'll be kicking myself if, in seven years time STO is a wonderful, must-play game that does away with all the annoyances and truly values its player base, but right now? I don't see STO continuing to exist in three years, and I certainly don't see my interest surviving to that point, maybe others do.
I realise it's horribly naive of me to even think this, but perhaps the influx of money from the sale will help the game reach that goal?

I hate making big purchases on a day off of from work, but I'll definitely consider this while I'm working to earn the money that would pay for it...
Closed Thread