Lt. Commander
# 1 Why?
06-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Can the devs speed up the shield distribution rate? I always try to redistribute my shield strength to cover the hole punch in on one shield face, but it's too slow to keep up wit the rate of fire from cannons or beams.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
Can the devs speed up the shield distribution rate? I always try to redistribute my shield strength to cover the hole punch in on one shield face, but it's too slow to keep up wit the rate of fire from cannons or beams.
You have Boffs and they have skills. Use them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianalliance View Post
You have Boffs and they have skills. Use them.
A fundamental flaw in your argument is the original poster does not believe in changing his tactics to suit the game but in changing the game to suit his tactics.

Tac Team, Emergency Power to Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity, Rotate Shield Frequencies (Eng Cap only) Shield Batteries, Evasive Manuvers or Deutrium Surplus, Brace for Impact with a Shield Distro DOFF, Transfer Shield Strength, Jam Sensors.

All these are ways of getting around the problem, I don't think I even covered them all. Yet none are good enough for Alexin so the game must be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
A fundamental flaw in your argument is the original poster does not believe in changing his tactics to suit the game but in changing the game to suit his tactics.

Tac Team, Emergency Power to Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity, Rotate Shield Frequencies (Eng Cap only) Shield Batteries, Evasive Manuvers or Deutrium Surplus, Brace for Impact with a Shield Distro DOFF, Transfer Shield Strength, Jam Sensors.

All these are ways of getting around the problem, I don't think I even covered them all. Yet none are good enough for Alexin so the game must be changed.
Makes since to me...:p
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2012, 04:39 AM
I’ve never really had a problem with this, i use tactical team to automatically distribute my shields to incoming fire and i find it works really well as is. Combining this “power” with using some of my skill points to improve energy transfer rates in my Toons natural progression skills table (I forget which one) but also some consoles help with this too, such as an EPS Relay for example.

I’ve also discovered that assigning the correct Doffs to space duty helps a lot, i have a shield distributions officer that has a chance to give a shield strength boost just after i hit “Brace for impact” . . thats come in handy at times . . until last night i seriously underestimated Doff buffs, but they do help.

As mentioned above, boosting shield strength with other powers TSS, RSP in conjunction with Tactical team has helped me out of some tough scrapes . . and personally i think it’s a really powerful tool to use as is, and doesn’t need tweaking.

Only my opinion though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Makes since to me...
i seriously got stomach ache, i laughed so hard!
I take it you followed recent arguments and posts by the OP.
Since everything important about this subject has been said, it makes nosense to repeat it!

Looking forward to his next complain! c u all there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:

Face to foot style. How'd you like it?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianalliance View Post
Face to foot style. How'd you like it?
I'm sure somewhere that technique is spectacular, unfortunately this is Earth.

@Feydman, Oh and thanks for the laugh on the footballer story.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:

Do you realize that you have no idea about my tactics. I have used BOFFs, DOFFs and every power available to me as a Tac Cap. Some of us are not flying ships that allow Commander level Tac BOFF slots so I can't afford to dump my weapon buff for Tac team. The player's shield redistribution is still too slow and slower than the NPC's redistribution rate. Pay attention to how fast NPC shields cover their exposed hull. As long as my shield face is getting hit, it won't cover my exposed hull. While my RSP or other BOFF powers are in cooldown, I have to rely on redistributing my shields.

Of couser, I'm not sitting still, like like a bump on a log. After using all the powers, you have to wait for cool down time, then you are just left with redistributing your shields. While you are in cool down time, you are still under constant attack by players or NPC's.
If the NPC's shields can redistibute fast without a buff, then the player should redistribute thier shields without a buff.

Its quite obviouse that you guys hate to hear people come up with ideas that's not your own. The game is far from perfect with all its bugs and irregularities. Instead of thinking maybe its about time the devs tweak some in the game to improve, you guys grandstand and jump all over the players who makes the thread. I have been in this game since the begining of the regular servers in February 2010, don't you think I know about the Boff powers and DOFF powers by, now?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
Do you realize that you have no idea about my tactics. I have used BOFFs, DOFFs and every power available to me as a Tac Cap. The player's shield redistribution is still too slow and slower than the NPC's redistribution rate. Pay attention to how fast NPC shields cover their exposed hull. As long as my shield face is getting hit, it won't cover my exposed hull. While my RSP or other BOFF powers are in cooldown, I have to rely on redistributing my shields.

Of couser, I'm not sitting still, like like a bump on a log. After using all the powers, you have to wait for cool down time, then you are just left with redistributing your shields. While you are in cool down time, you are still understand constant attack by players or NPC's.
If the NPC's shields can redistibute fast without a buff, then why not the player's?
You can sit there and yell "Shields! SHIELDS!" in your best Sulu voice until you hyperventilate (Andorians may get offended at 'blue in the face') but it won't help you respawn any faster. I have no such problem with shields so it must be user error. Perhaps you should take a good long look at your build. But have you thought of turning your ship or flying out of range?