Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 PvP Starbase Idea
06-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Devs and the STO Community

I have an Idea to throw at you guys for the Starbase PvP for Season 6.

Like Gozer, Starbases to me are pure PvP so here are a list of potential PvP options for PvP

1) Use Shuttle Craft for espionage.
By that we should be able to send a squad of shuttles into the enemy Starbase area to shut down certain parts of their Base's abilities. Or have the shuttles by pass their security protocol and dock at their station to go on foot and disable them manually on their station but avoid the people their at all cost. (too much?)

2) Alliances
Set up alliances for those with sister fleets or fleets who work together, make it limited so you wont have 50 fleets in one alliance, have 5 or 10 max

3) Diplomacy
We can have each others Diplomatic leaders to meet each other to talk about each others diplomatic stance with each other or other fleets

4) Disable not Destroy
What I mean here is, "When fleet "A" attacks fleet "B" and wins, they will disable their starbase for a specific amount of time. But if fleet "B" losses, then they cant declare an attack for a specific amount of time."


That's all I have at the moment, feel free to add to it!
I will update when I get an Idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Its a damn shame that they've excluded pvp from the starbase play. Once again a golden opportunity to boost pvp numbers that they will let slip through their fingers.

Personally, I'd like to see development of the garbage be tied to defending and attacking other starbases. So let's say you queue up 5 development missions for the base. Why not have a fleet queue for attack and defense of your base and until you win one of each, you can't turn in those five missions to move forward. In this way your starbase can't go "backwards" at all as they have stated they want to avoid. But fleets will have to pvp in order to move there base forward, and with as many starbases as there are going to be, the queues would be constantly popping, and the percentage of pvp fleets would be greatly diluted in the queues.

The other cool idea that may come from this is a group of "freelance" pvp pilots or groups that could hire out their guns for hire services to fleets who dont want to pvp and can afford to pay them to temporarily join long enough to complete their pvp assignments for them. I think this would lend a pretty cool aspect to the game for ppl that have no wish to be in a fleet
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Its a damn shame that they've excluded pvp from the starbase play. Once again a golden opportunity to boost pvp numbers that they will let slip through their fingers.

Personally, I'd like to see development of the garbage be tied to defending and attacking other starbases. So let's say you queue up 5 development missions for the base. Why not have a fleet queue for attack and defense of your base and until you win one of each, you can't turn in those five missions to move forward. In this way your starbase can't go "backwards" at all as they have stated they want to avoid. But fleets will have to pvp in order to move there base forward, and with as many starbases as there are going to be, the queues would be constantly popping, and the percentage of pvp fleets would be greatly diluted in the queues.

The other cool idea that may come from this is a group of "freelance" pvp pilots or groups that could hire out their guns for hire services to fleets who dont want to pvp and can afford to pay them to temporarily join long enough to complete their pvp assignments for them. I think this would lend a pretty cool aspect to the game for ppl that have no wish to be in a fleet
Well they plan to redo the PvP system then start on adding PvP. So it is a viable possibility, but as far as the Development of garbage... I dont know where you are going with that...
freelancing has potential...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-09-2012, 02:00 PM
hmm.... as long as any PvP activity will lead to disadvantages to the fleet under attack, it will never happen. The majority of players would log out rather than stay to face a pvp attack. To them, this would be griefing, and nothing more. And something that the majority of players would see as griefing will not be introduced.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
hmm.... as long as any PvP activity will lead to disadvantages to the fleet under attack, it will never happen. The majority of players would log out rather than stay to face a pvp attack. To them, this would be griefing, and nothing more. And something that the majority of players would see as griefing will not be introduced.
It's a queue to defend there base. A fleet would put together there best five or ten pvp players to fight for their base and then queue a "defend your base" or "attack" or "raid a base". No surprise attacks and no griefing. the only "negative" to losing a match is that you have to queue up and fight again until you win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101
Well they plan to redo the PvP system then start on adding PvP. So it is a viable possibility, but as far as the Development of garbage... I dont know where you are going with that...
freelancing has potential...
Stupid spellcheck changed it to "garbage". My phone is always making me look bad...lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I think the best idea is to make Starbase PvP interesting because it grants neat rewards. Fleet Marks or Credits will apparantly be important in the new system - so hand these out as reward. Fleets can challenge each other to PvP and earn these marks or credits.

I've heard some vague allusions to a wager system, e.g. both sides betting some of their resources and the winner takes it all. Not sure that will work- it is unlikely people will agree to matches they can likely lose.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Great rewards should always come with great risks.

Shadowbane in Space.

Sectors should be glowing from all the radiated Starbase hulks.

Scavenging skills would be a nice fit.

Have Starbases fit into a bigger PVP Meta Game.

Territory control and factions need things to go boom.

Non-PVPers can stay out of it all and keep to grinding STFs and resources.

Would like to see queue system gone and big OPEN WORLD FFA PVP Map. Instancing is great for Episodes and PVE but it kills PVP. Leave the arenas to gladiators and jocks. After experiencing hundreds versus hundreds in mass PVP combat before, 5v5and instancing is just not so epic.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 PM.