Lt. Commander
Just curious. My (most 'advanced') one character is at 2/3 of the ground XII set. And I've just hit 50th run of cure. (Almost all being ground elite). Never once have gotten a proto weapon tech, got 4 rare techs after I bought both XI guns with EDCs.

And right now, I'm just starting to burn out and get bored/tired. I've mastered it to the point I could probably do it sleeping (have done it twice now half-asleep right before going to bed).

So. when are those new STFs coming? Will they also use EDCs? and will the current techs be usable for the new STF gear?

That's what I'm wondering about. I'm waiting to be able to actually work toward and EARN my XII sets/items instead of doing it over and over on CGE and praying "This is the lucky one." and get a proto tech instead of the usual loot to hand off to a friend to exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I definitely am. I'm well on my way to 300 and I only play IGE and CGE on the sole purpose of getting the prototype tech drops. Those are the last two i need and they are not being easy to attain. I've got both space sets MK XII and all 4 MK XI, and enough rare tech to fill out my alts and over 200 EDC which i currently have no use for since i don't use Dilithium for anything other than a console i picked up the other day. Personally I think a lot of people are getting burned out in exactly the same way as I am while waiting for either A) new content or B) a new game to come around. I love this game, but it's clear there is just no passion in making it any more. It's just about making the money with a quick shiny rather than a lasting Quality product. I AM however looking forward to something new like no win or the new ground invasion mission, i just hope they don't give it the same problems that the STF loot system is having.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Me, I've stopped doing them and I don't even have all the accolades, I'm just sick of grinding anything in this game
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-12-2012, 01:43 AM
I personally despise the random super grind design of the elite level STFs so I've never even touched them since they went to the live server (and never will without significant changes occurring). I'll occasionally play some of the normal level ones though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-12-2012, 02:09 AM
I only did about 150 or so STF's to get my silver star veteran title before getting fed up of the grind.

Havent done one now for about 3 or 4 months, in fact I have hardly been in game since until recently with starbases sort of imminent, maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Can't say I am really - usually in a PUG, which creates enough variety to make each mission different (some good, some bad!).

Helps to swap ship occasionally too - adds additional variety.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2012, 03:41 PM
yes they are so not fun anymore
Bran flakes calling it a grind
I think overhaul is comming with how we get 12

what I think medals need to be is
50 common
100 rare
200 prototype
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2012, 04:02 PM
I was getting burnt out on STFs. I played most of my STFs with groups from a chat channel that went downhill for a while. I leveled up a Klingon alt, did all of those story missions, and focused more on alts. I did the feature episode reruns for both my characters. I've also started doing dailies more so I can get the DIL for the new Armitage.
I basically quit doing STFs, with my Fed, for a month. Now I can do them with my Klingon and not get frustrated.
People are thinking that after season 6 the Mk XII gear with be available for EDC. As I understand it that won't happen until we get different STF sets. I haven't heard anything about new STFs or new STF sets. Maybe that will happen with season 7. Who knows?