Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Xindi
06-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Will THe Xindi species be added to the Federation because on Star Trek Enterprise it said the Xindi were part od the Federation?
Plus will the Expanse be added if they are added.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyDoc
Will THe Xindi species be added to the Federation because on Star Trek Enterprise it said the Xindi were part od the Federation?
Plus will the Expanse be added if they are added.
The Xindi would be a lot of work but I don't see why they wouldn't be eventually...

As for the Expanse.....it no longer exists so why would they add it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
The Xindi would be a lot of work but I don't see why they wouldn't be eventually...

As for the Expanse.....it no longer exists so why would they add it?
Every now and then, you'll find diplomatic DOFF missions to delegate with Xindi-Insectoid, Xindi-Aquatic, and various other Xindi races.


Personally, I'm surprised that this game doesn't make much mention of the Denobulans. Doctor Phlox performed well enough onboard the Enterprise to have a ship named after him in this game, yet there's no hide or hair of them anywhere in the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn
Every now and then, you'll find diplomatic DOFF missions to delegate with Xindi-Insectoid, Xindi-Aquatic, and various other Xindi races.


Personally, I'm surprised that this game doesn't make much mention of the Denobulans. Doctor Phlox performed well enough onboard the Enterprise to have a ship named after him in this game, yet there's no hide or hair of them anywhere in the game.
There is one. The original captain of your ship is a Denobulan. He dies off-camera about six minutes into the tutorial, though.

As for the Xindi, a lot of the first set of ultra rare doffs were Xindi. All the surviving races are covered, including aquatics. Which raises the question of where on a small ship do you find space for the tank and attendant life support systems to provide living and working space to an inconveniently large whale-person?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
There is one. The original captain of your ship is a Denobulan. He dies off-camera about six minutes into the tutorial, though.

As for the Xindi, a lot of the first set of ultra rare doffs were Xindi. All the surviving races are covered, including aquatics. Which raises the question of where on a small ship do you find space for the tank and attendant life support systems to provide living and working space to an inconveniently large whale-person?
I'd like to see what those DOFFs looked like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn
I'd like to see what those DOFFs looked like.
Primate:
http://www.stowiki.org/Begra
Arboreal:
http://www.stowiki.org/Jalik_Surr
Reptilian:
http://www.stowiki.org/Najiin
Insectoid:
http://www.stowiki.org/T%27likchik%27zi
Aquatic:
http://www.stowiki.org/Muaza_Amman%27sor
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Which raises the question of where on a small ship do you find space for the tank and attendant life support systems to provide living and working space to an inconveniently large whale-person?
I guess we've figured out why the interior corridors and bridges are so ginormous. "Captain! There be whales aboard!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Which raises the question of where on a small ship do you find space for the tank and attendant life support systems to provide living and working space to an inconveniently large whale-person?
Jim Kirk managed to squeeze a pair of humpback whales in to a Klingon Bird of Prey. It would not be to difficult to convert a cargo bay in to a water tank for aquatic crewmen in most Federation vessels save the Defiant.

Of course the Enterprise-D had a section devoted to Cetacean (whale/dolphin) crewmen:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Cetacean_Ops

I guess if you equipped them with some kind of water breathing mask and adjusted the ship's gravity one could move around. Federation ships are equipped for variable gravity using wearable anti-grav units to accommodate species like the Elaysians.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Adjusting gravity will keep their bodies from collapsing without the support of water, but it won't help them move. Fully aquatic creatures move by pushing against water, which is several orders of magnitude more dense than air. A Xindi aquatic with a water breathing system in low gravity would just fail around helplessly like a human astronaut does if he manages to stop himself in the middle of a room and can't reach the walls to push off.

As for Kirk fitting those whales in the BoP, it was a temporary accommodating, like a goldfish in a bag. There was no need for additional life support, no filtration or replenishment of the water. The whales would be ok for few hours it took to return to the 23rd Century and get them off the ship, but left in that state for a day or two and that water would become toxic, like that fish left in a bag overnight. The goldfish will live for a few hours in there, but nowhere near it's actual 30 year lifespan.

It gets worse if the creature in question has gills, like the Xindi. A whale can hold it in and greatly reduce the amount of waste entering the water, but gills release ammonia as part of their normal exchange process, constantly degrading water quality just by breathing.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 58
# 10
06-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
There is one. The original captain of your ship is a Denobulan. He dies off-camera about six minutes into the tutorial, though.

As for the Xindi, a lot of the first set of ultra rare doffs were Xindi. All the surviving races are covered, including aquatics. Which raises the question of where on a small ship do you find space for the tank and attendant life support systems to provide living and working space to an inconveniently large whale-person?
First, I think a playable Denobulan (rather than just the Alien created one) would be fun. I think it'd have to be free though, not sure how many would pay for it. But that inflatable-face thing could be a great way to dump aggro (or a "confuse effect")

As for Xindi: Any of the humanoids would be a great addition. I'd pay good money to play a Xindi insectoid, even though I bet designing them would be a royal pain. I could live with Reptilian
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44 PM.