Lt. Commander
# 1 Colour Descriptions
06-14-2012, 04:40 AM
In most of the customisation screens the only reference to the colour you get when you hover over it is an alphanumerical one or two digit code.
For most people this isn't too much of a problem.
For those with red-green colour deficiency it's slightly moreso (and presumably for all of the other forms of colour blindness out there.)
All it would take is to alter those little two digit codes into a brief description of the colour (EG. Dark brown, light brown, red, green... And so on.) It would make life so much easier when trying to work out "Is the hair I'm selecting dark brown? Or a dull red? Or a dark green?"
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Yes. I am not the only colourblind person in this game!

I'm certain the belts on my crew don't match the colours of their department undershirts, as used in that guide that person made, but I can't tell as under some lights it does, and some lights it doesnt. If they were changed to an actual name, I'd know for definite. I approve of this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Your request is going to fall on deaf ears. I've been complaining about the forced font colors here in the forums which makes many posts unreadable for awhile now. Been ignored. Guess that they don;t see it as an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
Yes. I am not the only colourblind person in this game!
I;m lucky that I'm not as I still do some webwork. But I have a lot of problems with dark colors on a dark background. or similar colors side by side on on top of one another.