Lt. Commander
When will we be able to use our own ship interiors to create missions? Many of the Maps are as old as the Foundery it self and does not reflect a true interior of a ship. Mostly the interior maps are either damage ship maps or PVP Arena maps. Many of us player have different types of ships and briges. Can a progam be made so the player can use his own interior for certain missions like fighting off a boarding party or having a meeting on your own ship? Can the player use his own bridge versus a template that don't match hs ship?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
When will we be able to use our own ship interiors to create missions? Many of the Maps are as old as the Foundery it self and does not reflect a true interior of a ship. Mostly the interior maps are either damage ship maps or PVP Arena maps. Many of us player have different types of ships and briges. Can a progam be made so the player can use his own interior for certain missions like fighting off a boarding party or having a meeting on your own ship? Can the player use his own bridge versus a template that don't match hs ship?
Can I get an Amen!? Cryptic, please listen xD I have candy ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, very much needed. Much of Trek always happened aboard ship after all. In particular I would like to see:

*All the bridges (though I have heard that is coming).

*The large, medium, and small interior deck plans used when you visit your ship (which should be handled as I understand the bridges will be--where the author can link to specific areas which will self-modify to the player's own set-up).

*The diplomatic meeting room used in some Cryptic missions including the First Contact diplomatic ones (which I would like to see added to the regular ship decks as well).

*Add a holodeck to the regular ship interiors (at least on the "large" size ones) in general.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2012, 03:54 PM
More generally, I'd like to see ship interiors that aren't damaged. I have so many ideas for projects, but my resources available just aren't at the same level as my creativity. I realize that may always be the case, but it would go a long way to be able to 1) have more ship interiors- Fed and KDF 2) be able to select the player's bridge as a map level and tag specific areas of the ship (crew mess, bridge, ready room) or specific consoles (ready room computer, mess bar table, turbolift)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 04:12 PM
While I would love this. I don't think this is ever going to happen.

There is too much of a variety of ship interiors and with the JEm'hadar, Galor,Ferengi and shuttle/fighter Vessels only having the bridge and nothing else well. There is just no way that they can accomodate the shipboard style missions and keep the varied ship interior lay outs.