Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Elite Suggestion
06-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Just throwing this out there too...

I find STF Elites a lot of fun. They are small, quick and you have to coordinate to make them successful. This is the largest challenge in them. Unfortunately, it's also a major flaw. Most of the frustration I get from people, is that you don't need to run the Normal STFs before you take on the Elites. I've jumped into many groups where a PUG or two have no idea how to run it. I think we all want to jump into the Elites. Better gear, more challenging, but it causes frustration for the folks who have been in them more often than not.

There are a few things may help here.
1. Require that anyone who wants to run an Elite to run the Normal at least once.

2. Give a mission briefing when you queue. (i.e. ...Destroying one Cube in cure space may cause the Borg to attack the Kang. )

3. Give us a Vote to Kick option. It sucks, but I've been in a few where someone will come in, and just sit there or have no clue. I ran one last night (KA Ground) where the guy literally hung out until the rest of us completed the mission, then he walked into the room grabbed his loot and left.

4. If you get kicked, or the mission fails, allow you to re-queue immediately. It's very, very frustrating to be in a group only to have the Kang destroyed, then have to wait an hour to re-queue.

I think these will make running STFs more enjoyable for everyone.

Keep up the good work, and thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Everything except the voting to kick option because nothing good will come of that...

Just because you don't think someone is doing what you think they ought to be doing doesn't mean they deserve to be kicked from the game. I think we should enable friendly fire...
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
Everything except the voting to kick option because nothing good will come of that...

Just because you don't think someone is doing what you think they ought to be doing doesn't mean they deserve to be kicked from the game. I think we should enable friendly fire...
OOO, that would be cool. hehe
Lt. Commander
# 4 FF
06-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Frienly Fire will not help either most of the time the bad players are walking zombies due to several injuries.
They die after one shoot and ask for help every couple of minutes then ignore mission objectives.
Why are there not tutorials to help players learn the ropes and make them required.
Because it seems everyones an expert on the how they should play the E STFs.
Not many people real know how some of the mechanics works.

Like why is it bad to have four people shooting at the big turret while you are planting the bomb.
Then they say that they are increaseing its regen time while ignoring the fact your getting shot.
They don't understand you dont need more time you just dont need little turrets shooting you.

In that run I would have gotten kicked by four people who don't have clue and think I'm wrong.
So how should this kick system work again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:

Friendly Fire would be great there is a few people I have played with who I would like to destroy
Lt. Commander
# 6 FF
06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
If they would enable FF then all we would see in the forums is ..

STFs grind to a halt as friend fire fights break out in every mission.

Noobs quiet playing STFs due to friendly fire forcing them to respawn every two minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom
Friendly Fire would be great there is a few people I have played with who I would like to destroy
Been suggested for the academy event a number of times.

Some players have figured out a way to bump other players off of their blue dots. Lots of fun....
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:

I tend to agree with this.
In other games, I've seen the community beg for this for years. Once implemented, it got badly abused by most Pugs, and became a real issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes_7 View Post
Like why is it bad to have four people shooting at the big turret while you are planting the bomb.
Then they say that they are increaseing its regen time while ignoring the fact your getting shot.
They don't understand you dont need more time you just dont need little turrets shooting you.
I was guilty of that myself on my first cure normal run.
I thought I was s'posed to shoot the big turret. Not focus the little ones.
I figured it out afterwards. Live and learn :p