Lt. Commander
It's time for another Ask Cryptic. In this edition, we'd like to hear any remaining questions you have about player progression, before we move on to other areas of discussion.

Be sure to check out the last Ask Cryptic primer on player progression, as well as the previous set of Ask Cryptic answers for background info. Then, just ask any remaining questions you have in this post's comment thread. We'll select a few to put to the devs.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Two questions:

1) When spending skill points, do you have to choose between increasing your own skills or increasing your Bridge Officers' abilities, or do they get skill points of their own?

2) When you gain a rank, and therefore a ship of the next tier, do you earn a specific ship or can you pick any of the ships in the tier? In other words, if I want to go from a Miranda to an Excalibur, can I or can I only go to a Constitution, then spend merit points to move to an Excalibur.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
For RP and obvious reasons: Will our BO's and ourselves have first and last names, with the option to have a single name or nickname?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
My question: will our rank affect the quests/missions or anything like that?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach789 View Post
For RP and obvious reasons: Will our BO's and ourselves have first and last names, with the option to have a single name or nickname?
If you been following STO you already know the answer is YES.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Are our character or bridge officer skill choices set in stone if we choose unwisely, or will there be a mechanic in place to retcon/respec our past choices?
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvak View Post
Are our character or bridge officer skill choices set in stone if we choose unwisely, or will there be a mechanic in place to retcon/respec our past choices?
theyve already said there will be some kind of respec system, they just dont know how it will work yet.

-----

anyway my question:

I dont know if anyone's tried yet, but how long (even an estimate) do you guys think it will take for an admiral to obtain every single skill (maxed out)?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
1- Can you give insights or examples of how different character progression will be looking at it from a Klingon perspective? How does it constitute a different gaming experience?

2- Once you're close to max character development, what consist of endgame? Raiding Borgs/8472? PvP against enemy factions? Explore further into space randomly?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderbeck View Post
1- Can you give insights or examples of how different character progression will be looking at it from a Klingon perspective? How does it constitute a different gaming experience?
Following this question, will the Klingon skill sets look exactly like the Federation skill sets? For example, will a Klingon engineer have access to the exact same skills that a Federaion engineer will have and vice versa?
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Will Admiral level game play be in anyway different than lower level (ranks 1-4) game play?