Captain
# 1 Ambassador Class
06-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Its about time the Devs give us the Ambassador Class starship. They brought us every type of ship, new and old except for the Abassador which a lot of players has been asking for since the make of STO. They brought us the Oberth Class, Intrepid Class, the Galaxy Dreadnought, the Nebula Class, and Excelsior Class, at the request of fans wanting to see and use Star Trek canon ships. Its sad we only had limited exposure to the ship in the TNG show. I think it was only viewed twice in that show and once in another Star Trek Show.

I think it is a cool looking ship like the Galaxy and it is the predecessor of the Galaxy when you look at the Star Trek ship evolution. The Excelsior was a ship that was one step above the Constitution Class Refit, I don't know how the Excelsior Refit skipped from tier 3 to tier 5, on par with Galaxy and Sovereign classes. With that being said, the Devs should have no problem bring us the Ambassador Class starship.
Career Officer
# 2
06-20-2012, 11:33 AM
In the most recent Priority One podcast, dStahl sid that the Ambassador class is *still* intended to be tied to some form of featured content, and he stated also that it won't be coming until at least after season 7. (which as he stated, season 6 comes in July, season 7 will come sometime before the end of the year, so we can probably extrapolate a 2013 ETA for the Amby).

He also said something about "maybe after the next 14 ships are added"... so clearly they have a bunch of ships coming to us soon.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None

Last edited by podsix; 06-20-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
06-20-2012, 12:15 PM
The devs are not fond of the ship (well one of them but I wont name names) therefore I doubt it will be playable ingame.
It is supposed to appear in some future story mission, but no details have been told what this all means...
Captain
# 4
06-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
The devs are not fond of the ship (well one of them but I wont name names) therefore I doubt it will be playable ingame.
It is supposed to appear in some future story mission, but no details have been told what this all means...
Well, just because they are not fond of the ship don't mean they can't do some research on the ship to get dimensions, tech data, modeling from the show, internet, or other games, like Star Trek Bridge Commander. Now that I bring it up, I hope they look into it.
Ensign
# 5
06-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Th Ambassador is on its way, the devs have said on more then one occasion that all previous class of ship to bare the name Enterprise will be in the game.
=/\= Original STO (forum account) Name: Shinsei ~ Registration Date: July 2008 =/\=

Last edited by shinseialpha; 06-27-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Captain
# 6
06-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
The dev who isn't fond of the Ambassador Class (Gozer), is leaving... So now it should be upto the ship artist(s) to actually get the work done.
Career Officer
# 7
06-27-2012, 09:57 AM
IDEA:

If the original Ambassador Class was the step between the Excelsior and the Galaxy Class, then the new Ambassador version should be the step between the Sovereign and the Odyssey Class
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd love it if the Ambassador was in the game, but only if they added those parts and the existing Exploration Cruiser parts to the Nebula. :biggrin:
Captain
# 9
06-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
IDEA:

If the original Ambassador Class was the step between the Excelsior and the Galaxy Class, then the new Ambassador version should be the step between the Sovereign and the Odyssey Class
Then it wouldn't be the Ambassador Class, it would be somthing else. If you change that then you are overstepping what we are asking for. I'm looking for ventage before I want something new. Allegeance Class is more of a step between Sovy and Oddy but I would say its a step past Oddy because it doesn't exist yet and its a hybrid of Galaxy and Sovy together.
Career Officer
# 10
07-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Personally, I think the Ambassador Class should be where the standard Excelsior Class is now; as an alternative to the Cheyenee, Stargazer and Dakota. The Excelsior can simply be extended to mix with the Excelsior Refit.

There really is no other place to put the Ambassador down. It can't be that much more powerful than the Cheyenne would be, and it certainly isn't up there with the Galaxy.
Closed Thread