Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Linking Your Accounts
06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, and we're sure you have questions. Read more for answers and other important information.

Link to the news article.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 2
06-20-2012, 01:23 PM
What about the in game mail, I'm hearing reports of it disappearing after linking accounts, any word on if this is intended?
Career Officer
# 3
06-20-2012, 01:26 PM
if our fourm name is different from our in game @handle will our in game name now change? as you see my name is all lower case in fourms and used to be all uppers. my in game @handle is all uppers. would hope that stays the same. also would it be possible for my fourm name to beccome all uppers as well?

Last edited by broken1981; 06-20-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
06-20-2012, 09:18 PM
BranFlakes, I have a request: Unbind this Skill Point Pack. I claimed the Linking reward on one of my best characters, and he has no trouble getting BO points. I DO, however, have an Alt I'm leveling that DOES need it (and can't get it). Is there another way to make sure it isn't tradeable? Or, at least ACCOUNT bind it. >.> First I go through all the hassle of making and linking accounts, THEN I nearly have a heart attack because it looks like my sub and CP were erased (confirmed untrue, but thanks for the WARNING), and now the (limited) in-game rewards are either CRAP (Shield and Aux batteries and a TET dual heavy cannons with crappy mods, as if it wasn't crap to begin with by simply being Tetryon) or worthless to the guy that has them (a VA That runs dailies CONSTANTLY). It's bad enough that all this is happening, but this is just salt in the wound.
Career Officer
# 5
06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Can we please just get the ability to change our display name to our account name? This is pretty lame...
Rihannsu
# 6
06-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
BranFlakes, I have a request: Unbind this Skill Point Pack. I claimed the Linking reward on one of my best characters, and he has no trouble getting BO points. I DO, however, have an Alt I'm leveling that DOES need it (and can't get it). Is there another way to make sure it isn't tradeable? Or, at least ACCOUNT bind it. >.> First I go through all the hassle of making and linking accounts, THEN I nearly have a heart attack because it looks like my sub and CP were erased (confirmed untrue, but thanks for the WARNING), and now the (limited) in-game rewards are either CRAP (Shield and Aux batteries and a TET dual heavy cannons with crappy mods, as if it wasn't crap to begin with by simply being Tetryon) or worthless to the guy that has them (a VA That runs dailies CONSTANTLY). It's bad enough that all this is happening, but this is just salt in the wound.
I second that motion
Ensign
# 7
06-20-2012, 10:44 PM
You guys must learn something about PWE. They dont care about their players. Look how they treat the staple of the company (PWI)

"Packs" came out for the 1st year anni and all the players thought cool this is a neat little thing for a celebration. Players posted a well over 250+ page thread complaining about these packs after they showed up again and again. Now packs are all over PWI.

Sadly PWE only sees money :\ They dont see any loyal people. They dont care how long u played this game. Unless u charge u have no voice to this company. So no offense to all of you but the raging will not do a single thing, cause if they treat the game that the company is named after players like crap...they will treat u the same
Captain
# 8
06-20-2012, 10:59 PM
I want to why my Characters dont count for anything on the PWE website. I have 2 VA levels and a Captain Alt. but according to the PWE website I dont have a single character in the game....

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Ensign
# 9
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotwraith View Post
You guys must learn something about PWE. They dont care about their players. Look how they treat the staple of the company (PWI)

"Packs" came out for the 1st year anni and all the players thought cool this is a neat little thing for a celebration. Players posted a well over 250+ page thread complaining about these packs after they showed up again and again. Now packs are all over PWI.

Sadly PWE only sees money :\ They dont see any loyal people. They dont care how long u played this game. Unless u charge u have no voice to this company. So no offense to all of you but the raging will not do a single thing, cause if they treat the game that the company is named after players like crap...they will treat u the same
yea but if they want us (the customer) to continue playing their little game that they have now screwed up, they better listen to us.
Career Officer
# 10
06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
This is horrible I hate the pw forums so disappointed, we can not Cary over user names icons I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under us.......this is a huge face plant on asphalt.......the cryptic stuff was so much better and we did not have to ever change our whole account before