Career Officer
# 1 Mission based on Forum changes
06-21-2012, 09:39 AM
I am not a big fan of the new forums. I get that they're here to stay, and that there is no point in protesting about it and that they are probably chock-full of coded goodness.

I wrote on the Forums yesterday that 'I hate it'. I realise that it wasn't quite true - it's just that I already miss the old forums. :frown:

So, I wrote a FED mission about a missing Forum (but the Roman type). And to stop myself from getting too sad or upset, I made it a comedy/parody. Not a mean-spirited satire, just a light-hearted farce. And I just couldn't stop. (I'm sure we've all been there)

Anyway, if you miss the old Forum consider playing it - it's called "On The Way To The Forum - FED".

It's pretty long at 45 minutes to 2 hours, but you can skip well over half the dialogue and go straight to the pew-pew if that's your thing.

(I may have unintentionally used other authors' gags without meaning to steal them - if you are one such author, let me know and I will immediately either remove it or credit you, based on your wishes. Also, take it as a compliment that it stuck in my head. :smile: )

Here is the blurb:

A comedy/parody mission with loads of comedy to read, most of which is optional.

For this story about a missing Forum, you should leave your brain at the door and be sure to bring your sense of humour (which may be different from mine, but there you go.)

Play time is anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on many things: skill, reading speed, equipped gear, the dialogue choices you make - and so on.

Takes place in the Kei System.

Let me know what you think or not or whatever! :smile: