Lt. Commander
The Russian MMOgaming website has an exclusive interview with Star Trek Online producer Daniel Stahl.* This interview is in Russian.*
You can read it here at MMOgaming.RU!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, at the very least there are a couple of new screenshots for away team gameplay.

The rest is gibberish to me, though. ^_^;
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Does anyone here speak Russian and are you willing to translate?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidblaino
I speak Russian as I am a Russian Historian
Most information is similar to what we have already heard before. Some interesting things:

1. One of the first missions you are on is more diplomatic than a combat scenario. For example, you travel to the ship "Azura" because it is stranded in an unsafe place. You need to rescue the crew before the reactor explodes.

Whether that is by moving the ship by getting the reactor online, or evacuating the crew is not said exactly. It seems to lean on getting the reactor online though.

2. Most "episode" missions last from 45 minutes to an hour, similar to a TV episode. It also says that several episodes are part of a bigger story in the game that will reveale itself in the course of play.

3. They make a joke about feeding tribbles. Then they say there is a possibility to own tribbles.

4. They have thoughts for an expansion, but are not ready to talk about it.

Other things were about things we already know. I will look at it again later and see if there is anything else interesting that I missed. For the most part, nothing new. But, a confirmation that you can own tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
Most information is similar to what we have already heard before. Some interesting things:

1. One of the first missions you are on is more diplomatic than a combat scenario. For example, you travel to the ship "Azura" because it is stranded in an unsafe place. You need to rescue the crew before the reactor explodes. Whether that is by moving the ship by getting the reactor online, or evacuating the crew is not said exactly. It seems to lean on getting the reactor online though.
  2. Most "episode" missions last from 45 minutes to an hour, similar to a TV episode. It also says that several episodes are part of a bigger story in the game that will reveale itself in the course of play.
  3. They make a joke about feeding tribbles. Then they say there is a possibility to own tribbles.

Thanks for posting this summary.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post

1. One of the first missions you are on is more diplomatic than a combat scenario. For example, you travel to the ship "Azura" because it is stranded in an unsafe place. You need to rescue the crew before the reactor explodes.

Whether that is by moving the ship by getting the reactor online, or evacuating the crew is not said exactly. It seems to lean on getting the reactor online though.

Other things were about things we already know. I will look at it again later and see if there is anything else interesting that I missed. For the most part, nothing new. But, a confirmation that you can own tribbles.
Thanks. I wasn't able to translate the pages till I get home as all of the translator pages are blocked here at work.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks kylejac_05...saved me the work of translating/posting the Google translated version!

One of note to me personally:

Quote:
Mmogaming.ru:«Star Trek Online» is a single universe (an array of server consolidation), or divided into multiple servers (as in WOW, Lineage etc.)?
Daniel Stahl: «STO» will be one big universe, where everyone is.We have a limit on how many players will be on location, before it will fetch a different channel, but you can quickly find your friends, no matter where they are located.
I really hope that from my location (central Canada) that I will not have to be constantly switching from east/west servers to keep alongside my fleet team mates.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-08-2009, 08:26 AM
EDIT: For some reason, when I came to this page, I only noticed 3 pages, so I didn't think there would have been a translations. I'm very tired, (I finish work at 8 a.m. and it's just 9:40 a.m. now.) so my brain doesn't wish to work fully. Just ignore this post or enjoy with a laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidblaino
I took Russian Language & Culture for three years a little over 20 years ago. I understood about 1% of it.

I can read it and pronounce it fluently but I definitely fall into the "if you don't use it, you lose it" category. I think he started off (intro before the interview) mentioning Spock (though the word was "Spocka," so it may not be). The first sentence which sort of looks like XoT"N"eTb yB"N"D"N"Tb C"pi"oka? ("N" being the "backword N, which is pronounced like the long E (as in Bee or Sheep. "pi" being the letter that looks like the symbol for pi, which is pronounced "pee" and is the Russian P. C's are pronounced as "s" the "o" is the "o" in "rot" or "bought," the k is the same in English and the "a" is pronounced like "ah," so it's essentially S-p-o-k-a.

I think the first sentence is "Have/Do you want(ed) to be/play Spock?" The "XoT"N" eTB is used at the start of both sentences, so it's the same type of question and in the second question, it looks like the word Tribble is present. (Tp"N"bb"bent pi"a - "bent pi" [sorry, don't know a better description] looks like the letter/symbol "pi" but with the "left leg" curved - that's an "L." So the word is trEbbla, with all letters being spoken (will sound like Treeb blah). I'm not sure if that's singular or plural.

The interviewer is in orange, Daniel Stahl is in white, until the end. Looks like they're thanking Chris Clark for the interview also, so I'm *guessing* he's the translator.

Like I stated, it's been 20 years. I can tell you "I love the Metro" and "Good-bye Summer" and little catch-phrases that a 1st years student would get, but the rest is all Greek to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
the rest is all Greek to me.
/groan

Lt. Commander
# 10
10-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfingers View Post
/groan

Mwa ha ha!

I literally laughed out loud on your response.