Career Officer
O'really ?

Cause my past two space STF's Cure and KA, (granted on normal), where is on both, we made the optionals, we were only offered ONE rare Borg salvage as the optional drops, on both runs.

AND on BOTH missions, I only ended up getting a rare Borg salvage, in addition too my Mystery box and one encrypted data chips in both my loot bags at the end.

But surprise, surprise, I walked away with ten Ferengi lock boxes, (Five each mission, twelve in actuality as both Mystery boxes yielded two more lock boxes).

So after running two random STFs and completing both optionals, I walked away with two rare Borg salvages, two data chips and twelve Ferengi lock Boxes.

I know it's been stated that the "mechanics" say that the lock boxes haven't replaced rewards, BUT, reality is, the "perception" sometimes shows otherwise.

Needless to say, the constant spamming of useless boxes, trying to sell me keys, and the stingy overall rewards, have taken most the fun out of the game for me this lovely Sunday afternoon, I think I'll go for a walk instead.
Republic Veteran
# 2
06-24-2012, 08:16 AM
last STF I came away from i netted some Purpl;e Mk XII cannons, 3-4 Mk XI and XII blue items.... 2 Rare salvage and Prototype salvage.

along with like 10 lock boxes. from ONE Elite STF.... apparently its just utterly random.
Lieutenant
# 3
06-25-2012, 10:04 PM
scramspam likes vengs post
Career Officer
# 4
06-25-2012, 11:29 PM
I remember a time when if you needed some EC's and could spend 20 mins in a Deep Space Encounter and warp out with 15, 20, or 30 pieces of gear to sell. Now its 5 or 10 pieces of gear and 15 lock boxes. I've gotten lock boxes for destroying mines and blowing up metreon gas. Never got loot drops from metreon gas before...

Please Cryptic, explain the "mechanics" in that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Thats easy these "stealth micro cubes" are part of the Assimilated Iconian plan to defeat the Assimilated Undine faction of the borg

they warp space to micro gate them in
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
I think the fact you got two Borg salvages, when some people gripe about never getting any, is proof enough they don't substitute anything.

As for "perception", well, it's not that difficult to figure out:
Loot Table A before lockbox:
- junk consumable
- empty
- empty
- good loot
- empty
- empty
- great loot
- empty
- junk consumable
- empty
... 90 more rows

Loot Table A after lockbox:
- junk consumable
- lockbox
- empty
- good loot
- lockbox
- lockbox
- great loot
- lockbox
- junk consumable
- lockbox
... 90 more rows

Just speculation of course. But I've never heard a Gozer interview that would make me believe otherwise.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 06-26-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
06-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brackynews View Post
I think the fact you got two Borg salvages, when some people gripe about never getting any, is proof enough they don't substitute anything.

As for "perception", well, it's not that difficult to figure out:
Loot Table A before lockbox:
- junk consumable
- empty
- empty
- good loot
- empty
- empty
- great loot
- empty
- junk consumable
- empty
... 90 more rows

Loot Table A after lockbox:
- junk consumable
- lockbox
- empty
- good loot
- lockbox
- lockbox
- great loot
- lockbox
- junk consumable
- lockbox
... 90 more rows

Just speculation of course. But I've never heard a Gozer interview that would make me believe otherwise.
Hmm... Written like that it makes sense. Damn it! I'd rather get an empty than a lock box.. the end result is still the same. Well sort of. The F. lock boxes got me blocked by a certain community moderator. He got sick of me spamming his inbox with lock boxes. Although he was smart enough not to call them spam, but we all know what he meant. I'm surprised he doesn't have a master Master Key or unlimited C points or dilithium to convert. No perks for the higher ups? Or did you get the Neverwinter closed beta option too?
Commander
# 8
06-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Lockboxes are the main powersource for the Borg since 2399.
Even their entiry "Omega Particle" thingy Religion had no chance against the grail named Lockbox.

Borg are also heavily misunderstood.
They don't want to destroy or assimilate (actually their iBorgPods got broke and can only play the same 3 phrases again and again), they just want to bring us the joy and peace of Lockbox. So for the 10th Year Anniversary they started the meet and greet (which the Ferengi misunderstood as greed, so they started their own Lockbox Business) in space stuff.
Santa Borg is coming to town!
Republic Veteran
# 9
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1013 View Post
Hmm... Written like that it makes sense. Damn it! I'd rather get an empty than a lock box.. the end result is still the same. Well sort of. The F. lock boxes got me blocked by a certain community moderator. He got sick of me spamming his inbox with lock boxes. Although he was smart enough not to call them spam, but we all know what he meant. I'm surprised he doesn't have a master Master Key or unlimited C points or dilithium to convert. No perks for the higher ups? Or did you get the Neverwinter closed beta option too?
I keep a couple stacks in the bank, that way when the next ockbox sale ends, and the supply dissapears, i can sell then for a nice sum of money. nt a ton, but a few hundred thousand EC isnt bad.
Captain
# 10
06-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1013 View Post
The F. lock boxes got me blocked by a certain community moderator. He got sick of me spamming his inbox with lock boxes.
You mean you actually did that?

Dude that was a joke.

That's like the idiot system admin who started forwarding all of his email spam and server DoS attacks towards the FBI and their network in an attempt to get them to pay attention to the problem. They came and picked him up about 12 hours later.

The moderators are just players who aren;t paid for what they do. If you really wanted to do it right, a dev would have been the more intelligent choice.

All you did was harass another player. Nice going dumb you know what.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Closed Thread