Former PWE Community Team Lead
In this week's episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 06-26-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
06-26-2012, 07:57 PM
I had "trouble loading the plugin" but it was just an issue on my end as google just updated Chrome.

Not to delay tuning into Priority One, I had to listen using Internet Explorer. Thats right. I suffered the use of IE for Priority One. I think I should get a Christopher Pike Medal of Valor or something. But it was worth it.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 06-26-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Captain
# 3
06-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Meh.

More "blah blah we dont care about klingon content" jargon, excpet for one major thing.

AL, THERE HAS BEEN NO MAJOR CONTENT BEFORE ALPHA. ALL OF THOSE "MISSIONS" YOU CLAIMED WERE FEDERATION FEATURED EPISODES RE-DRESSED FOR THE KDF. DO NOT CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN US ALOT OF CONTENT, AS I AND OTHERS KNOW ALOT BETTER.
Career Officer
# 4
06-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Meh.

More "blah blah we dont care about klingon content" jargon, excpet for one major thing.

AL, THERE HAS BEEN NO MAJOR CONTENT BEFORE ALPHA. ALL OF THOSE "MISSIONS" YOU CLAIMED WERE FEDERATION FEATURED EPISODES RE-DRESSED FOR THE KDF. DO NOT CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN US ALOT OF CONTENT, AS I AND OTHERS KNOW ALOT BETTER.
Agreed 1,000% sir
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Career Officer
# 5
06-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venetar90 View Post
Agreed 1,000% sir
Except for these 8 missions:
http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_missi...Federation_War

There must be something in the water on Quo'nos. The KDF is the only faction that has received dedicated mission support since the game launched. In a game that is seriously starved for content, and the dev time required to provide that content, you can not overlook 8 missions.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnlang View Post
Except for these 8 missions:
http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_missi...Federation_War

There must be something in the water on Quo'nos. The KDF is the only faction that has received dedicated mission support since the game launched. In a game that is seriously starved for content, and the dev time required to provide that content, you can not overlook 8 missions.
i cant help but scroll up and count 27 missions in the klingon war arc for federation player. thats not counting exploration, defend sector, patrols, and the cardasian and romulan arc.

so good job making their point about there being next to no klingon content.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 7
06-27-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Meh.

Agreed of Infinity to the 10 power times infinity. Id say more but Im not done looking at this fourm
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Empire Veteran
# 8
06-27-2012, 09:32 AM
redacted as I'm trying to play nice.

bear with me as its a new aproach and thier will be difficulties in its implementation.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 06-28-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
06-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Okay.

To Al Rivera:

Lockbox Loot:

I have an idea for an endless consumable. And this may be a nightmare. But I think it would be neat if we had items where people could slot the energy type and the modifiers onto weapons. I can see this being huge with a kit revamp.

I have some extra ideas on this. One involves the story crafting "first person duty officers" system I've discussed, which is a kind of reputation advancement system. This is the economical model for story advancement. It was suggested I forward my notes to you but I'm honestly reluctant to share all of it because part of it ties into some unpublished academic work I'm doing.

This actually ties in somewhat with a trait revamp too. It kills me that I can't figure out how to share this. It's monetizable. It's perfect for Trek but would be just MENTAL as an inclusion in, say, Champs. If you can respec traits, you can EARN them by revealing your character.

It's how you do secret identities. It's also a way to have more comic book-y stories in more distinct styles beyond just costuming entities.

Ships:

I think it would be neat to have faction specific "shuttle freighters." These could have less functionality than the Tuffi (ie. no crafting, maybe a single extra transwarp ala a transwarp to Memory Alpha). Basically, these would be heavy, slow-turning "tank shuttles" with bank access inside.

Ship "away teams":

Were you at Cryptic on City of Heroes? You know their arena system?

I like the idea that a fleet admiral would have a resource pool for ships. Say a Connie is 500 points and a T6 ship is 2500 points. This would mean someone could choose between commanding a Connie with 4 BOffs on Connies or a single T6 ship. Or a Tier 5 ship and a Connie/Miranda/NX pet.

Ship Interior Travel:

Forget travel in sector space for now but this is how you do exploration. You do ship interior travel for exploration.

Get rid of the box. Have DOff assignments fold into cluster missions. The cluster is outside the ship window. You do DOff assignments from your ship interior with a cluster appropriate skybox outside. You get a related cluster mission load, transitioning from ship interior to entering the exploration system.
Career Officer
# 10
06-27-2012, 08:40 PM

I loved Al's comment that there's no level 1-20 klingons so why make level 1-20 content. Isn't is just possible there's no level 1-20 klingons because when you make a KDF character you start at level 21? Just asking...