Former PWE Community Team Lead
Members from the STFRaiders have written a Guest Blog that prepares you for the Special Task Force missions in Star Trek Online.

Link to the Blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Banned
# 2
06-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Another protip: tech drops are not based on skill or time invested, simply blind luck. You can do it 100 times and not get a single tech drop while another guy can get one on his first go. Fortunately, this is supposed to be changing in a future update. Until then its a gamble, and the odds arent in your favor.

Last edited by th3gr4ndnagu5; 06-29-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Another protip: tech drops are not based on skill or time invested, simply blind luck. You can do it 100 times and not get a single tech drop while another guy can get one on his first go. Fortunately, this is supposed to be changing in a future update.
QFT!

Just dont bother with elite, not worth wasting your time with them
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Great guest blog now can we make this a must read before you play any STF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-29-2012, 08:07 PM
BTW, for those interested. Branflakes there grinded for his tech the same way as the rest of us.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Captain
# 6
06-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Elite is only good if you want a challenge or you need a certain amount of data chips I used Elite space STF's so I could get the retro STF Assimilated series Sheild Deflector and engines now will save for the MACO/Omega equipment
Commander
# 7
06-30-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post

I can see why people find STF's so frustrating for so many reasons, but I have to admit it really comes into its own if you have a team you formed and trained with to do it!
Once you get that ***Co-Ordination*** it's easy and fun. Then you can take on the crystalline entity that trully tests your teams skill!

Wether it's in your fleet or just freinds, FORM YOUR OWN STF TEAM and watch the rare items flow in
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 8
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
QFT!

The higer dilithium is worth it.

I am fully kitted out on MK XII weapons, so andy prototype salvage I find I turn into dilithium. I pulled 8K dilithium from one infected run. Getting 2 prototype salvages, 1 rare shield tech, 3 rare salvages.

Elite is more than worth it, as long as you know what your doing.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.