Captain
# 1 Ship Trade-In ?
07-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Why isnt there a way to trade in your old starships for higher tier or for some sort of credit (dilithium? lobi?).

I have six ships that I never use anymore because they are tier 4 and under. All I can do is dump and lose them.

It would be nice if I could sell them for lobi (50 per ship?) or dilithium ...or trade 2 ships for 1 token of my current rank.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2 Great Idea!
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Now that's a good idea....Bran Flakes where are you? This idea needs to be given to the higher ups.
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Lieutenant
# 3
07-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Because that would make to much sense...........
Captain
# 4
07-02-2012, 08:29 AM
1) Since most people have no need for their old ships, aren't you really asking for nigh free dilithium with little cost to you?

2) SInce C-Store ships are account wide, they would have to be excluded, or else someone tradiing in their 'old' ship could just get a new replacement, and repeat that process til they had all the dilithium they wanted and more.
Commander
# 5
07-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Using old ships for parts in order to make new ships has been discussed, also. I don't feel like looking for Username "Archived Post" for any of them, though.

I think they were crafting threads.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Career Officer
# 6
07-02-2012, 09:07 PM
besides if they did that it would take away your need to eventually buy a ship with real money at some point. hence they lose money in the long run. wont happen.
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010