Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lieutenant
What is the most iconic Klingon ship to you and why?

Thanks.
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Honestly...I would say the Bird of Prey is. (forgot to add why >.<)

Well its the iron man...its been around forever and keeps on ticking. Probably the most seen Klingon ship around and the first Klingon ship I have ever seen. Plus there was a BoP in enterprise so it would be the oldest ship the Klingon's ever had if you count Enterprise. (I grew up with the movies and TNG...I'm only in the mid 20's)

Last edited by lianthelia; 07-05-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM
To me, the D7 (or later, K'Tinga). I grew up with TOS... and always thought the Klingons had the better looking ships. There's always an ominous beauty when one of those sails into view.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Long, long before anything but TOS, there was the D7.

Long before TNG, there was the D7.

Before the Federation was even aware of V'Ger, it was encountered by some D7s.

Before a "Bird of Prey" was anything but the "standard" Romulan vessel, there was the D7.

Yeah, I'd have to say the D7. The ship that was known for years simply as "The Klingon ship."
Captain
# 5
07-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Depends on what era. If you remember TOS, then you have to say D7. But, the Bird of Prey is probably more prolific and is used more often as a "hero" ship, especially in DS9.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Yes the D7 is the Classic ship
Of course its also the one we all used as children
Captain
# 7
07-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
Long, long before anything but TOS, there was the D7.

Long before TNG, there was the D7.

Before the Federation was even aware of V'Ger, it was encountered by some D7s.

Before a "Bird of Prey" was anything but the "standard" Romulan vessel, there was the D7.

Yeah, I'd have to say the D7. The ship that was known for years simply as "The Klingon ship."
I don't believe that's the best basis to argue from. The iconic Starship for the Federation is the Galaxy, not the Constitution. Star trek peaked during TNG.

If you ask someone to describe a Klingon, in all likelyhood they aren't going to describe the ToS version. If you ask someone to describe a Klingon ship, they are likely to describe a Bird of Prey. I'd describe the D7 as classic, not iconic.

Last edited by xantris; 07-06-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
07-06-2012, 04:13 AM
the TNG Galaxy and the TOS constitution are both very special

but the TNG Klingons are a sad lot compared with the TOS version
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I don't believe that's the best basis to argue from. The iconic Starship for the Federation is the Galaxy, not the Constitution. Star trek peaked during TNG.

If you ask someone to describe a Klingon, in all likelyhood they aren't going to describe the ToS version. If you ask someone to describe a Klingon ship, they are likely to describe a Bird of Prey. I'd describe the D7 as classic, not iconic.
only for the children who grew up thinking TNG was the peak of the Star Trek universe. (IMHO DS9 by far outshone TNG)

oh, and by the way, both Voyager and especially DS9 played Homage to TOS, and TNG directly ripped off a TOS Episode..
Captain
# 10
07-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Until the TMP movies, the Klingon D-7 cruisers. Since that's what was only shown.

But ever since The Search For Spock, hands down it became the Bird of Prey, in whatever size it may be (or mistakenly be, as with TNG).

Even in the shows, the various Birds of Prey have been the preferred ship of many prolific Klingon captains. Maybe because the archtype is (still) the longest, continuously built kind of hulls in any navy, and therefore the most numerous.

Hell, even by the time of the Dominion War, a powerful figure such as General Martok, who was in charge of all KDF forces and military efforts based out of DS9, was on a Bird of Prey when he ventured out.

Chancellor Gowron has chosen as a flagship different ships. A Negh'var, Vor'Cha, and he too never shied away from the workhorse of the fleet, the BOP.