Career Officer
I like to know how you supposed to contact Forum Moderators for clear personal attack posts.

There is no PM button, nor a report button. Only thing I can find is a report button on a person's profile, but I'm not even sure that the Forum Moderator even gets that information to take proper action.

I really hope the webmaster adds these things soon, because the forum is getting down right hostile.
Career Officer
# 2
07-07-2012, 04:20 AM
/signed (10 characters)

A quick look at my sig and you'll see why we need a report button.
Lieutenant
# 3
07-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I like to know how you supposed to contact Forum Moderators for clear personal attack posts.

There is no PM button, nor a report button. Only thing I can find is a report button on a person's profile, but I'm not even sure that the Forum Moderator even gets that information to take proper action.

I really hope the webmaster adds these things soon, because the forum is getting down right hostile.
the rules say send a ticket explaining what you thinks wrong is how you report them hope that helps
Captain
# 4
07-07-2012, 07:41 AM
We're supposed to manually PM a moderator or open up a support ticket. The support ticket system has selections for abuse and spam in their drop downs.

For whatever reason none of the other PW forums have them as well.

Yes it sucks.

A quick search of the forums should have pulled up a couple threads on this discussion already.

edit: And I'm trying to be good. Doesn't help much though when 90% of the questions asked here can be found via a search of the forums, that players respond negatively when you tell them something that they don't want to hear, forget to say please and thanks, etc.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-07-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
07-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Pm the mods, it works but the report button was easier to use.
Pm it to the mods name by first copying the post url, then click the private message link up there to the right, under welcome 'yourname' then send new message withe the mods name/names as the addressee and the copied url in the message.

Dec/2008
Community Moderator
# 6
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnbludd View Post
Pm the mods, it works but the report button was easier to use.
Pm it to the mods name by first copying the post url, then click the private message link up there to the right, under welcome 'yourname' then send new message withe the mods name/names as the addressee and the copied url in the message.
Yes please include a link hehe. This is very helpful
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 7
07-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Yes please include a link hehe. This is very helpful
Every time someone ignores the search link, Admiral Quinn creates another Vice Admiral.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 8
07-07-2012, 01:08 PM
You know , it's nice that we can still report offensive posts which attack other people.
It sucks that to do so these days requires that I jump through a succession of new hoops that involve sending a pm to a moderator, after finding out who a moderator is, and figuring out the private message system.

Once upon a time we had a 'report post' button. Pressing it meant that the moderators were alerted to possibly vile, offensive posts. Kind of like sending them a pm about it. It was great , that button was right next to the offensive post. I could click it at the exact moment I was offended.

To be clear. These forums are a place of vile ... vile ... things being said between people at this point. The following thread is proof of that.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=295421

Am I going to figure out the whole pm a mod thing ?
No. I'm not.
These days I am gonna just shake my head and move on.

Sorry , maybe i am lazy for not wanting to figure out HOW to do a thing that until the forum changes was as easy as pressing a button next to the offensive post, but that's just the truth. I am sure I am not the only one.