Ensign
# 1 Bridge Officers - HELP!
07-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Hi,

Fairly new to the game and loving it

I have some questions about Bridge Officer Points, I notice that I have been collecting them through various missions but how do I use/spend them?

Also, during Ground Combat what do I need to select in Options to ensure my officers stay with me?

Many thanks,

Nick

LLAP
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-09-2012, 03:04 AM
You spend bridge officer points by investing them in an officer's ability.
For example, Let's say your tactical officer has High Yield Torpedo 1.
It just has that one chit highlighted green. If you have bridge officer points, you can put more chits into that ability to make it better. (reduce the cooldown time, do more damage, heal for more, longer duration, etc... depending on the ability)

also, you have to have a certain amount invested in an officer to promote him, which allows you to use his next rank abilities (for instance, High Yield Torpedo 2, which is a Lt rank ability)

For ground combat, they are set to follow you by default.
If they don't, it's possible that they are stuck, dead or you told them to stay put (one of the commands you can give them. Great for setting up formations for ambushes).
Perhaps you meant, having them beam down with you?
For that, press "U", then click on the Stations tab.
There, you can select 4 officers to be your default away team. If you have 4.
(they're set to "Security" as default, which will beam down 4 random security NPC's instead).

Hope that helps!
-------------------------
It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Little more help.

When you click on your inventory click the crew button. You'll have multiple tabs, Status where you can change your and your boff equipped items, skills where you update the skills mentioned in the prior post and the assignments/stations (forget off top of my head) tab where you set your officers for space and ground duty. So you can select your away team and who's running your bridge stations.

Hope that helps.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofkahless View Post
For ground combat, they are set to follow you by default.
If they don't, it's possible that they are stuck, dead or you told them to stay put (one of the commands you can give them. Great for setting up formations for ambushes).
Perhaps you meant, having them beam down with you?
For that, press "U", then click on the Stations tab.
There, you can select 4 officers to be your default away team. If you have 4.
(they're set to "Security" as default, which will beam down 4 random security NPC's instead).

Hope that helps!
you will only ever see security officers beam down if you have less than 4 BO's. once you have 4 or more BO's, you will never see a Security NPC beam dow nto the planet/ship/whatever with you even when your "default" party is set to nothing but security.
Captain
# 5
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Also, during Ground Combat what do I need to select in Options to ensure my officers stay with me?
Put /savepet_petregrouprequest into your chat window if they vanish.

Swear at them if they decide to take on the Borg on the other side of the map.