Banned
# 1 Anyone have a spare 300mil EC?
07-09-2012, 03:26 PM
There, now that that is out of the way Whats the fastest way to grind EC? I do a few STF's when I'm able to, and sell what little loot I do manage to get that day, but it still amounts to...pretty much nothing.
Even repeated some of the Episode Missions, but even that doesn't do a whole lot.
Trying to save up for different items, like Antiproton Mag Regulators, is something that seems like it will take years to grind out, especially the way the price of them keep going up.
And thats just one example. So any helpful tips would be greatly apprieciated
Career Officer
# 2
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Use Dilithium.
Craft.

If ec really is your only answer.

(1) Tour the Universe.
(2) Get Good at Kerrat War Zone, win a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
(3) Get Good at Fleet Actions (Rom temple, Gorn Minefield, etc) Take 1st place a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
(4) Grind your Doffs up into Purple Quality. Sell Purple Doffs.
(5) Scan the crap out of all anomolies. Collect a bunch of Data Samples. Sell Data Samples. The Rares can be worth a LOT of ec. Methogenic Particle Trace (the Rare One) is worth over 100,000 ec a piece. Do this during Multi Phasic Events.
(6) Play the exchange. Embrace the Rules of Aquisition and sit on the exchange buying low and selling high. I find this method terribly boring. But it works.

I am sure others will have other suggestions.
Career Officer
# 3
07-09-2012, 04:11 PM
use the doff system to get contraband, sell on the exchange, repeat. it's boring as hell but i got 80mil in a week when i wanted the ferengi ship
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohortonsto View Post
use the doff system to get contraband, sell on the exchange, repeat. it's boring as hell but i got 80mil in a week when i wanted the ferengi ship
80 million from selling contraband? In a week? Why can I smell burning pants?

80m EC = 1600 contraband

That's 228.5 contraband per day. That's impossible.
Commander
# 5
07-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
80 million from selling contraband? In a week? Why can I smell burning pants?

80m EC = 1600 contraband

That's 228.5 contraband per day. That's impossible.
He may have saved some of that up over time . I think he was probably exaggerating, but seeing as 20 contraband= 1mill ec, you can realistically get 2-5 mill in one week from contraband, and thats assuming you just do doff missions and dont fly a carrier with advanced slavers like me
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Captain
# 6
07-10-2012, 08:31 PM
If you sit on the exchange, you can get them dirt cheap from folks who aren;t aware that thy normally go for around 50k each.

It's not to the level that particle traces trade but I;ve seen it a couple of times previously
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 7
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
He may have saved some of that up over time . I think he was probably exaggerating, but seeing as 20 contraband= 1mill ec, you can realistically get 2-5 mill in one week from contraband, and thats assuming you just do doff missions and dont fly a carrier with advanced slavers like me
10 charicters - 6 of them klink, and to be honist i had probibly 1200 in my banks to start with, just took a while to sell the off, and closer to 60k at the time, so yeh, cheated a bit but it's still a viable way to make some dough.

just off the top of my head you have; raid, confiscate, unortherised attack and inspect. assignments which basically means around 10 missions per 3 hours/ per character (if you really want to stress it) normally giving you contraband.
Ensign
# 8
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Contraband from doff missions goes for about 50K these days...
Captain
# 9
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Ya man, was gonna buy those mag regulators myself till I saw the price tag on the exchange. Am toying with the idea of building a bunch more and flooding the market with em.

CRAFT and SELL, repeat !!!

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 07-09-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-09-2012, 04:43 PM
be careful not to pop ur cap if ur silver would suck very much to loose a large chunk of change