Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,246
# 1 Fleet Ships Too Expensive
07-12-2012, 02:52 PM
In order to get a fleet ship once the Starbase tier is achieved you need to have 4 Fleet ship modules.

Each Fleet ship module costs 500 Zen

That means you have to spend $20 for a ship with no console/skin and is not an account wide unlock.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
# 2
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Okay, basically.. you can choose not to get a fleet ship. You aren't being held at gunpoint here. Given how OP the ships are, I don't see an issue. There's still a zen store, so you personally don't have to spend $20 on anything. Just saying, yeah it's kinda suck, but it's all about money.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,246
# 3
07-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malan29 View Post
Okay, basically.. you can choose not to get a fleet ship. You aren't being held at gunpoint here. Given how OP the ships are, I don't see an issue. There's still a zen store, so you personally don't have to spend $20 on anything. Just saying, yeah it's kinda suck, but it's all about money.
I know I'm not forced to buy it. that is not why I started this thread. I want people to point it out to others. I also never indicated whether or not I am going to purchase it. The problem is the perceived value.


On a side note there is also an inconsistency with the price. the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit, Fleet Advance Research vessel Retrofit and Fleet Heavy escort carrier seem to have a different requirement making them about $5. I'm hoping that is the right price point.



<# of Modules> <Ship>
4 Fleet Patrol Escort
4 Fleet deep space science vessel
4 Fleet Heavy Cruiser retrofit
4 Fleet Research science vessel retrofit
4 fleet star cruiser
4 Fleet reconnaissance science vessel
4 Fleet escort retrofit
1 Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit
1 Fleet Advance Research vessel Retrofit
4 Fleet science vessel retrofit
4 Fleet Exploration cruiser retrofit
4 Fleet Aquarius Destroyer
1 Fleet Heavy escort carrier
4 Fleet Long range science vessel Retrofit
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 137
# 4
07-12-2012, 04:01 PM
It seems that only T5 ships that you already got from the C-store are discounted at 75% rate (check patch notes) I cant understand why, if I got Gladius I still have to pay full 4 modules for the Saber (escort retro escort or whatever it confuses the hell out of me)...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,370
# 5
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I guess most people will be getting these through the Exchange.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,246
# 6
07-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybaksix View Post
It seems that only T5 ships that you already got from the C-store are discounted at 75% rate (check patch notes) I cant understand why, if I got Gladius I still have to pay full 4 modules for the Saber (escort retro escort or whatever it confuses the hell out of me)...
That explains a couple of things I did not know.

IF that is the case then it is kinda disappointing that most of the fleets ships are based off the free ships. I know I would love the fleet version of the reconnaissance science vessel but that ship was never on the c-store to be discounted.

I think I understand the confusion over the Gladius.

The Gladius is the Escort refit. The Fleet Escort retrofit is based on the Escort retrofit which is purchased through fleet credit only. Since the escort retrofit is not a Z-Store ship it does not qualify and the Refit version is not the retrofit so no discount again. (I think that is wrong)


The other problem With that is the va token ships. If you got the long range science vessel retrofit you would still have to buy the z-store version to get the discount for the Fleet version. (I feel sorry for long time players with a couple dozen alts)

I personally think the discount should be based on whether you have the ship in your ship yard or not.

Last edited by robdmc; 07-12-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48
# 7
07-12-2012, 06:06 PM
From the Klingon Point of View .... its a disaster...
1. NO KDF Fleet Ship can get under 4 moduls because none of them was a t5 (20 euro) ship
2. we paid 16 euro for the c store KDF Ships they come to the Fleet Ship System and we should pay 20 again to get the Fleet Version? and the only excuse is that they are no t5 c store ship? Are they Serious?
3. 20 euro for a none accountwide, none console ship is a big nogo but hey! They see that it works with much higher prices. Lockboxships are nonaccountwide too and mostly way over 30 euros (have a 280 euro jem hadar) so we see the new way of STO.
Letz hope thats upcoming ships are not Fleetships ... i dont pay for non accountwide ships anymore after my Jem hadar disaster.

Last edited by degalusmedivan; 07-13-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 291
# 8
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
they should just throw the fleet ships into the C-store for retarded prices cause thats what they are doing anyways
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
# 9
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
In order to get a fleet ship once the Starbase tier is achieved you need to have 4 Fleet ship modules.

Each Fleet ship module costs 500 Zen

That means you have to spend $20 for a ship with no console/skin and is not an account wide unlock.
Your right, and I agree 100%! This game is very fun, but Cryptic and Perfect World are way too greedy. Isn't the very foundation of the United Federation of Planets generosity amd empathy?! I guess none of that matters out here does it? I look back, and this was all my fault, but still, we have spent over $150.00 on this game! It's obviously not free-to-play if you have to pay to actually have fun. I maybe am being a jerk, but Cryptic doesn't need this money just to maintain the servers. Ex. Say 100 people by one of the 3 Odysseys. $25.00 each (As of late Season Five, at least). That's $250 right there, and there are thousands of people that make purchases like that everyday. 3000x25 is $70,000, get the picture people?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,039
# 10
07-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee359 View Post
Your right, and I agree 100%! This game is very fun, but Cryptic and Perfect World are way too greedy. Isn't the very foundation of the United Federation of Planets generosity amd empathy?! I guess none of that matters out here does it? I look back, and this was all my fault, but still, we have spent over $150.00 on this game! It's obviously not free-to-play if you have to pay to actually have fun. I maybe am being a jerk, but Cryptic doesn't need this money just to maintain the servers. Ex. Say 100 people by one of the 3 Odysseys. $25.00 each (As of late Season Five, at least). That's $250 right there, and there are thousands of people that make purchases like that everyday. 3000x25 is $70,000, get the picture people?
Hahahaha

This isn't the Federation.

It's the Ferengi Alliance. Pre-Rom

1st Rule of acquisition-"Once you have their money, you never give it back. "

21st "Never place friendship above profit".

The fandom they exploit via Rule 98 "Every man has his price. "

The fandom should learn to use the 190th Rule of Acquisition, "Hear all, trust nothing."

As for these modules......here's an unnumbered rule "Time, like latinum, is a highly limited commodity."

Still they could every once in a while follow the 57th Rule, "Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them."
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 PM.