Ensign
# 1 Someone help me with my drops
07-13-2012, 03:43 PM
it seems for the past week everytime i play an STF i get the boxes on my left side of screen that say the need or greed items. i have hit both need and greed and NEVER get the items anymore. am i doing something wrong or have i missed something.
Captain
# 2
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Take a look at your chat windows to see if your percentage rolls are showing up. Only you can check on that I;m afraid.

I'd just hit need or pass to be honest. if you click on greed, which for some strange reason is looked down on here, anyone clicking on need outranks you for the roll.

but you will see the results. Take a look at them and see if you're at least showing up.

The history of your chat window stays with you until you logout so you dont have to do it while in the STF.

Hope this helps
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 3
07-13-2012, 05:47 PM
That system is common throughout MMOs. As mikewendall says, check your chat log for details on how high people are randomly rolling.

If you hit greed on an item, the game enters a random number between 1 and 100 on your behalf as a greed roll for an item. Others are rolling too. And if you were to get 75, and another person who also rolled greed got 74, then you would win. However, if even one person pressed or "rolled" need instead of greed, then they have the higher preference for winning the item (as it overrules any and all greed selections).

nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 4
07-14-2012, 09:26 AM
so what yall are saying is the bonus drops are randomly asighned to the players. so only a few people get the bonus. that sucks i am usually the one doing the objective while all the others are just randomly running around. very frustrating