Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120705a.11

General:
  • General server stability improvements.
Captain
# 2
07-13-2012, 08:52 PM
You need much more than just the occasional "general server stability improvement", to fix the underlying problems with the server(s). This note has appeared randomly over the past 2.5 years, and the servers continue to be just as unstable as ever. I'd forgive an MMO developer for having unstable server(s) at/near launch, but 2.5 years in? Surprised you still are in business.
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
You need much more than just the occasional "general server stability improvement", to fix the underlying problems with the server(s). This note has appeared randomly over the past 2.5 years, and the servers continue to be just as unstable as ever. I'd forgive an MMO developer for having unstable server(s) at/near launch, but 2.5 years in? Surprised you still are in business.
Software development is about as simple as Undine anatomy.
Career Officer
# 4
07-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
Software development is about as simple as Undine anatomy.
Here here... as a developer myself, I feel for Cryptic... maintaining a game of this scale with such a cult following cannot be easy!

I've NEVER had stability issues. Once or twice I have lost connection, that's once or twice in 2.5 years. That's pretty good going from my perspective!

+1 Cryptic
-1 Naysayers
======
ellbristow > Identity stolen by PWE
======

The Rule of Kobayashi:
If at first you don't succeed, activate "Kirk" mode
Career Officer
# 5
07-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepercatcher View Post
Here here... as a developer myself, I feel for Cryptic... maintaining a game of this scale with such a cult following cannot be easy!

I've NEVER had stability issues. Once or twice I have lost connection, that's once or twice in 2.5 years. That's pretty good going from my perspective!

+1 Cryptic
-1 Naysayers

Software Engineers all over agree:
+1 Cryptic
-1 Naysayers

You're doing a great job!
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
As the poster above me has said, it's much more complicated than you're assuming. 'General server stability improvements' is probably doing a lot more in the background than we'll ever know.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
I have never had a big problem with server stability. you must just have bad luck.
Career Officer
# 8
07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
could be preping for next update to season six

tribble is the pipeline to fix stuff on holodeck
Republic Veteran
# 9
07-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Couldn't agree more,this MMO has had poor servers since inception,and it still has issues.Being F2P has just highlighted the problems even more.

Doing a "Great job" ... some people are easily pleased.

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Meow, hopefully there's gunna be a new Tribble patch soonies, there's still stuff that needs to be fixed and there hasn't been an update for sum time.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010