Ensign
I recently just completed my MACO Space Set and I am quite disappointed with the Heavy Graviton Beam. It doesn't really do anything against the Borg or anyone else except for taking the auxiliary power offline for 5 sec.
I was thinking since the info of the beam in the game said it collapses molecules and causes the ship to suffer mass fluctuations maybe the beam should give a small or medium damage over time to the ship's hull for about 10 sec or more. I also think the beam should inflict extra damage to the Borg since it was especially created for the Borg by Starfleet R&D.

Please tell me what you think of my suggestion
Captain
# 2
07-16-2012, 12:32 AM
I've heard that the graviton beam used to be a lot stronger but got overnerfed into uselessness.
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I've heard that the graviton beam used to be a lot stronger but got overnerfed into uselessness.
That's absolutely correct.

There used to be a thing that you could do, which would shut down things in STFs for the whole time you were in it. Like Infected and KA, you could knock out the Nanite Generators, then kill the transformers no problem, and then easily kill the gate with little problem. Rinse and repeat for KA, just with two gates. For Cure, all the Nanite things under the cubes could be easily taken out, then the cubes could be attacked and killed all at the same time.

Then for all three, it was just a matter of cleaning up.

Anyways, I do like your suggestion, although my thought was to instead give a damage resistance debuff for a decent amount of time. Perhaps it would scale somewhat to your current aux power as well. I wouldn't even mind if it only worked on the Borg, it'd make sense after all.

that said unfortunately, they probably won't ever make the MACO 3-piece useful ever again.
Ensign
# 4
07-16-2012, 01:03 AM
I hope the Devs will see and listen to our suggestions for better gameplay.

Last edited by wong5ve; 07-16-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-16-2012, 01:11 AM
I couldn't agree more.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-16-2012, 01:35 AM
It's not just the MACO 3 set, Omega isn't much better, in fact i'd go so far as to say nothing compares appropriattly to the Borg 3 set right now and that REALLY need's a change ATM. That set unless it get really heavilly nerfed should be the baseline. And MACO and OMEGA being so much harder to aquire really ought to be stronger.
Career Officer
# 7
07-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post

Yes, basically.

The Devs designed the STF sets and then made the final tier powers almost completely useless across the board due to either their low/negligible effects or their overly long cool-downs.

In fact none of the set bonuses from the MACO set are really useful at all, it easily has the worst of all set bonuses from any STF set.
Lieutenant
# 8
07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't know on a cruiser tha 5% faster recharge rate is pretty useful if it actually does what it says on the tin.

Realisticlly the MACO Sheild + Deflector are pretty good cruiser peices for other reasons though.
Ensign
# 9
07-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Is there a way for the Devs to see this or are they omnipresent and actually seeing and noting down our feedback?

Last edited by wong5ve; 07-17-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Captain
# 10
07-17-2012, 01:40 AM
They see and hear only what they want to see and hear. The sooner you accept that and stop care about it, the better. Now that I do not pay monthy subs it bothers me considerably less. Especially when I might quit/return any time, without loosing paid time.