Ensign
I'm guessing my keyboard is going bad, cause I'm always losing Target Lock, and I'm always inadvertently cycling to the 'next' target as I'm firing on enemies.

It's as though I'm hitting the Tab key, but I'm not. (it seems to be happening when I hit Space/Fire)

I checked, and my Space bar (or any other key) is not also bound to the 'target enemy' command.

So I can only assume my keyboard is going bad... unless anyone else has this same problem?

I know that in CO, especially the Zombie Apocalypse PvP map, targeting used to be a nightmare, but that was more due to pet spam and targeting environmental object, than anything else. (oh, and targeting things too far to even attack, while ignoring the enemy in melee range)

But I don't recall ever having problems like this in STO before.

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/CoolFatBurner/STO-sig.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Interesting...you might not be alone...
A cple of fleetmates and I were doing some fleet actions the last night and one of them complained of the same thing, constantly changing targets seemingly at will.
And then later, when on the Tholian ground maps, I was having that...kept winding up targeting bad guys out of range rather than the bad guy who was right beside me shooting..
Donno..gonna re-examine my keyboard binds today to see if one's out of whack...but I don't know how that would have happened.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Captain
# 3
07-17-2012, 09:30 AM
With the UI updates one may have to reload the defaults and make the changes you want again.

I've got the same problems with targeting and firing (mostly firing).
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 4
07-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Re-loading the defaults doesn't work. And some of the hotkeys for the toolbar don't work after pressing the assigned button on the keyboard. And yes, I cleared the keybind for it as well and reassigned it.
Ensign
# 5
07-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm surprised there isn't more of an "outcry" over this.

It really does alter one's gameplay and capabilities.

(I wonder if everyone is experiencing it?)

Career Officer
# 6
07-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Many people do not have issues because they have made no changes to their existing UI settings. However, if they were to do so, they would find that the UI settings are mostly broken now.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lieutenant
# 7
07-22-2012, 08:29 AM
It not just you. I'm having the same problem. Also I've made no adjustments to the UI. It started for me yesterday. I was on an away team mission and I notices something was wrong when trying to run that my character would act like he is hesitating. Also for no reason he would come out of running back to walking. And then I had the same targeting problem in space. I will say I hate getting destroyed because the target keeps switching. It's really annoying. At first I just thought my mouse and keyboard are glitching on me but then I ran into this. So it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully we can get a fix soon.
Career Officer
# 8
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
I have similar problems. I reset my UI to default and went through each item resetting them. When I fire upon a target, if the target dies before my last beam fires I will then fire on the nearest enemy. I am set to only fire on targeted enemies, so that means I will aggro the bad guy, then have to target him to continue to kill him.
Ensign
# 9
07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
This issue makes mirror universe events near impossible to play right. STF's aren't as fun, either.

And not just targeting and maintaining lock on enemies... healing allies is also a hit-or-miss affair; I go to heal an ally, lock disappears and I waste a heal on myself.
Empire Veteran
# 10
07-30-2012, 01:56 AM
It is not all the time, but I have been having my target subverted in fleet actions. I figure that I was just experiencing one of the normal player powers that NPCs now enjoy.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom