Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
I know I'm a complete noob here, and I can't claim to have any real knowledge of the coding and what not behind the game, but... would it not be possible to have some sort of Mirror Universe counterparts of all the ships currently in the event (so if one of the 5 players is on the U.S.S. Avalon, there would be an I.S.S. Avalon with the same ship type/name/registration/etc, but Terran Empire decals instead).

I also think it'd be cool to have a story mission with the Empire, one that showcases the mirror you and your mirror crew, with scars and all that loveliness, but that'd be much harder to implement. The Participant Mirrors I proposed initially should be relatively easy to code in, from my basic understanding, and would add an extra level of enjoyment to the event, I'm sure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 159
# 2
07-18-2012, 11:27 AM
its been suggested before (FE set in the mirror unvierse, where you take on your role as a officer of the Empire or Klingon-Spoonhead alliance)

On top of that, many players have been asking for the terran hull types (both the old pruple and the new yellow winglets - which are both cool) and the I.S.S. Prefix ... needless to say we're sorta getting there... 2 mirror ships will be added to the game via the Tholian lockbox.. and apparantly have a better drop rate than all the previous boxed ships.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 3
07-18-2012, 11:41 AM
If i ran into my Mirror alternate Id buy him a beer
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
# 4
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Long live the empire!
Long Live The Empire!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 184
# 5
07-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
If i ran into my Mirror alternate Id buy him a beer
HA awsome pal
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,118
# 6
07-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
If i ran into my Mirror alternate Id buy him a beer
I bet he commands an escort and will demand your cruiser make way for him.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 658
# 7
07-19-2012, 07:07 AM
I think this new surprising twist of introducing both the Tholians and the MU story arc possibilities is awesome!
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 110
# 8
07-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
I think this new surprising twist of introducing both the Tholians and the MU story arc possibilities is awesome!
/Agree I had a really big WTF moment when I saw the Mirror Oddy underground. I hope they expand on this more it's got a lot of potential. And the same with adding Mirror Skins to ships. Adding a pair of end game ships with a mirror skin to each lockbox would be great, especially given how cheap they are on the exchange
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
# 9
07-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito1jast View Post
its been suggested before (FE set in the mirror unvierse, where you take on your role as a officer of the Empire or Klingon-Spoonhead alliance)

On top of that, many players have been asking for the terran hull types (both the old pruple and the new yellow winglets - which are both cool) and the I.S.S. Prefix ... needless to say we're sorta getting there... 2 mirror ships will be added to the game via the Tholian lockbox.. and apparantly have a better drop rate than all the previous boxed ships.
That's exactly what I was looking for, sorry for not checking beforehand. >< Hoping they're able to work something out like that.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 AM.