Career Officer
# 1 Lobi Vendor Update
07-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Why remove its current stock for an updated list?

The old stock could still be used to make money.....

Instead of just removing its stock..... give it a 20% mark down to encourage sales

A Ferengi would never just airlock potential profit...

[I must also ask that Lobi be made account wide please]
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 2
07-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't understand their motive behind this either. Why not allow players to continue to purchase the existing items as well as they earn more Lobi Crystals? I'm hoping we're just misreading it.

If not, it's likes a punishment for those of us that couldn't afford to open enough Ferengi lock boxes over the last couple of months.
Captain
# 3
07-18-2012, 07:16 PM
The costume pieces should be in the z-store and the silly bits should be at a vendor sitting next to the latinum stuff.
# 4
07-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Leaving items for sale will encourage a steady stream of people picking stuff up for alts. I personally love the missiles on my cruiser builds that don't have the turnrate or tactical powers. The Console 62 is great for anyone really.... the Maco Boff... the Ferengi Shuttle.. the Energy Whip...

So many good items that will fall to the wayside...

Just give it a 20% markdown.... it will encourage people to continue to purchase older items... Maybe they didn't want a Console 62 for 200 Lobi.. they may pick it up for 160 instead...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 5
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I agree - how hard would it be to make a "tab" for older Ferrengi items? As long as there are ferrengi lockboxes in the wild, there should be an option or method to kit them out and to purchase items for them as you desire....
Captain
# 6
07-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Doing it this way encourages people to buy NOW NOW NOW. No scrimping and saving, a lobi here and a lobi there, enough time to think and decide that maybe it would be a poor use of your money. If you even kinda sorta maybe want something in the store, you have have to do it NOW, and give them $200, before its gone. Its the same way as gambling or sales work, get people to short circuit their own good judgement by applying pressure. If people always used good judgement, lockboxes would never sell.

Or, for a less nefarious motive, now that all lockboxes have a minimum of 4 crystals in them instead of just 1, the existing costs are far too cheap and needed to be either multiplied or purged.