Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 1 Loss of Forum Account
07-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi,

I just made the change from Cryptic to Perfect World this weekend and I can still login and play with my characters in-game. My former handle/forum name was David_Hadar and while that is still my Handle in-game, I was forced into changing my Forum name. My account has a slightly different password too, however when I want to the Transfer a Character Page via my account page, all of my characters showed up, proving that my old account had linked up. However, when I went to my Control Panel on the forums, it said I had no Thread subscriptions, when I know I had at least half a dozen on my old account. Are those lost forever or can they be retrieved? If so, I'd like to see those again. Thank you
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,068
# 2
07-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhadar460 View Post
Hi,

.... Are those lost forever or can they be retrieved? If so, I'd like to see those again. Thank you
Their lost forever... Because of the changeover to the PWE forums, all of the legacy forum posts are now owned by 'Archived Post'...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,007
# 3
07-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Thread subscriptions also default to being off and the page to turn that on is not linked to on your control panel.

There's a manual link though:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions

Hope this helps

edit: Oh and PW has email notifications turned off so even if you select that option, you'll never get the emails.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 4
07-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Thread subscriptions also default to being off and the page to turn that on is not linked to on your control panel.

There's a manual link though:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions

Hope this helps

edit: Oh and PW has email notifications turned off so even if you select that option, you'll never get the emails.
Thats' ok-I never was a big fan of email notification anyways
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 5
07-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Their lost forever... Because of the changeover to the PWE forums, all of the legacy forum posts are now owned by 'Archived Post'...
ahh...I wondered why I was seeing that all over the place
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 6 Contacts gones also!
07-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I guess that your friends didn't transfer either...PW should've made the transition easier for the players
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,194
# 7
07-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhadar460 View Post
I guess that your friends didn't transfer either...PW should've made the transition easier for the players
That's odd, I didn't lose anyone on my Friends List from the conversion/merger.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 8 Clicking usernames
07-28-2012, 05:49 AM
Also, I noticed a little while ago and than again today that clicking on a username of a player brings you to their profile, but not really. That page is messed up and too crowded. It can't be read right
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 9 Frineds/Contacts
07-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
That's odd, I didn't lose anyone on my Friends List from the conversion/merger.
I still have mine too, but in-game only. When I click on Contacts in the UserCP I get nothing but a chance to add new contacts. The website should accurately show the same list as it did before-the same as in-game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 AM.