Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 6 Dev Blog #16
07-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera shares details about Fleet Ships in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks for that, good read. Though I was sort of hoping there would be metion of the Galaxy-X and the like.
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Nice summary.

Now it's official, new c-store or fleet ships are far better than free ones. This is a major change in STO. Why did it happen? Isn't the game supposed to be free to play instead of pay to win?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd still like to know what is going on with the disappearance of the fleet Sovereign.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjames View Post
I'd still like to know what is going on with the disappearance of the fleet Sovereign.
As would I...

I expected I'd never see a T5 version of my favorite Constitution class ship... but was it really necessary to also axe any improvement to the Sovereign too?

Why does the dev team hate my favorite ships!
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Career Officer
# 6
07-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
I was sort of hoping there would be metion of the Galaxy-X
A Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought Retrofit, with saucer separation and some other goodies would be nice. What ever happened to the Galaxy C-Store Bundle?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horgahn View Post
A Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought Retrofit, with saucer separation and some other goodies would be nice. What ever happened to the Galaxy C-Store Bundle?
IIRC, there was a problem with the coding in the system that was not exactly a trivial thing to fix. The Galaxy bundle would have had the Tier 4.5 Venture Refit, the T5 Galaxy Retrofit, and the Galaxy Dreadnought. However, if you had bought any one of these vessels before you would be unable to claim the bundle. I don't work for Cryptic, so I don't know the exact coding infrastructure -- but while it would appear easy to fix on paper, we were told it was shelved until the systems guys could fix it accurately... and time was better spent working on other broken systems in the game.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Career Officer
# 8
07-24-2012, 02:44 PM
As reported earlier, there is a bug that won't let you do *any* customization of the fleet ship unless you bought the lower tier version (and by any customization I mean change windows, colors, bridge, not the ship skin).
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks for taking the times to write a comprehensive explanation about this. We should see more detailed posts like this. It would be nice to also have another detailed post about Fleet Starbases (expansion on the pre s6 teaser) in much more detail.

Funny seeing the people complaining about the size of the post. Normally we see complaints that there is not enough information, or things are not explained enough in detail. I suppose you can't please everyone
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 10 Why no cruiser?
07-25-2012, 12:06 AM
What my subject line said... I can understand not having a Tier 5 TOS constitution, but what about the refit? And the other two models that came with it?
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.