Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
I call them that - there the people - usually in omega or Maco gear(which I have too) who use stealth to run ahead a secure bonuses and leave everyone behind.

Fact is you don't need to do this - all you are doing is argoing the whole map!

You can go as far as the second computer download and not spawn anything further - as soon as you hit the second diplomat you will spawn the guys at the dying colonist - and if you continue to the dying colonist you will cause the guys around the second terminal to spawn

It gets really bad if 2 hot heads decide to run and let the other 3 deal with all the crap

In fact you get more marks by letting the colonist 'die' and beaming them up - but you are doing nothing positive by getting the 3rd diplomat and 3rd data download - as they can be taken out as a group

in fact everything can be taken step by step - but it is better to go as far as the second data download and get that - thats what I do - I take down the data at first terminal then proceed to tag the first diplomat and data download -then come BACK to help the group with the next spawn

of course trying to communicate this in a PUG has proven useless - except 1 time when I was PM'd and told that the deliberatly liked to screw people

ok - no problem - i have the solution to deal with runners who are effectively screwing the team - if the won't listen and I see them cloak or not and head past the second diplomat

this is what I do - and everyone should to stop this anti-team practice:

they pass the 2nd diplomat and head for the downed colonist - 5 guys will spawn - if you are cloaked you can make it to them and by them

option a) here's what to do if you also have cloak- tag the closest NPC in your range(around that 2nd colonist) and fire on them - then quickly run back around the corner to join the people left behind - the runner a$$ is grass even if they are cloaked in Maco top gear as all 5 NPC's will target them!! (I am still testing this as sometimes they will follow you - not something you want- so I am trying out option B more and see which is better)

Option B)If no cloak well then you have to run past them take all the fire - die quick and the NPC's will target the runner(you just respawn back to where the others are so it does not matter)

As I return to the group and help the rest of the team fight the battle all watch as the runner's futile attempt with heals, buffs, consumables to stay alive - 90%+ they die quick no matter how good they are - STF ground guys especially - poof!

Oh and then the have to respwan back at the beginning close to where the rest of the group is fighting the 2nd, 3rd and 4th spawed guys - which they brought down on us - and right where they should be as a team - no more running ahead then as its also insta-death

Last edited by levi3; 07-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-24-2012, 09:27 PM
There is a fix coming up where after the colonist die, they disappear, no more beaming them up
Ham I Am. Jacksonville Jaguars Fan. Born and raised in Jacksonville. Join Date Feb 2012
Captain
# 3
07-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxjaguars View Post
There is a fix coming up where after the colonist die, they disappear, no more beaming them up
Still there is tons of time to get to the 2nd colonist as a group - and its faster if everyone sticks together

the guys around the 2nd colonist don't spawn until someone gets into that area and then the "dying"' seems to speed up - and that last diplomat and computer download are safe until you get right into that zone - so these runners are Fing it up for what - to try to save a colonist they never can?

also on a pug I have only once in 200 runs seen someone save the last colonist - so why spawn the entire map if you can't make it? You just make it harder on the group - in order to save all 3 you need a team plan and the runners need team support - that is not going to happen on a pug - so they should not screw it for the rest

today I brought down a badass "maco elite commander" - the title he gives himself - 2x for trying to run the map with everyone else behind - if you did that on a elite STF run you would get a bad rep real quick(of course you would die quicker too)

everything depends on the teams abilities too - some groups - few - can handle it - also the NPC matters too - Jem Hadar are easy - but since most players don't have willpower maxed - if you do this with the Undine - it turns into a nightmare quick

Its education - if they don't listen to chat - or mesage boards - keep bringing them back to the start - hopefully they will clue it that the diplomat and data the were trying for is still there when the team gets to that point - so they won't feel the need to run the map. (and get the last colonist which is near impossible without support)

Last edited by levi3; 07-24-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Yep I have been there and it is a pain. Something that could go a lot faster if people work as a team goes twice as long when someone tries to be a hero and run off and do everything themselves.

People who dont use the chat window in PUGs should burn in the flaming pits of hell.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 5
07-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Yep I have been there and it is a pain. Something that could go a lot faster if people work as a team goes twice as long when someone tries to be a hero and run off and do everything themselves.

People who dont use the chat window in PUGs should burn in the flaming pits of hell.

I find that most of these "Heros" are vetern STF ground players who should definitly know better

reminds me of my first STF elite ground infected - I ran ahead into the last room and died pretty quick as the other 4 stayed at the entence - one said : "he'll be back" as I ran in

then the other said "respawn if your ready to go in as a team" - I learned my lesson quick

Unfortunately - unlike STF ground - if you spawn the map and keep going the mod moves back down the map to where the rest of the team is- that's why runners screw the team
Captain
# 6
07-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Running FTW!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 7
07-25-2012, 01:40 PM
One problem though

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I find that most of these "Heros" are vetern STF ground players who should definitly know better
They think that they do know better.

I don;t even say hi anymore when i go into these. I just did the Starbase Incursion and got responded back with few comments about my body parts as well as how we should do the mission. Just for saying hello. The lovely person blew up five or six times, the rest 3 or 4 and I had no issue.

Made it with like 4 seconds left, That amazed me.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 8
07-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxjaguars View Post
They better fix the bug that allows you to beam up the diplomat while taking damage - if you do you lose the bonus

It's obviously a bug because in the entire game right from level 1 you can't interact with anything while taking dmg - it will boot you out of the sequence and you have to wait until dmg stops

so many diplomat bonus is lost because people beam up while taking dmg

Last edited by levi3; 07-25-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 9
07-25-2012, 10:52 AM
People rushing on this mission clearly don't get the mechanics behind it and more often than not leads to multiple respawns making the team as a whole loose out on later objectives.
Captain
# 10
07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
People rushing on this mission clearly don't get the mechanics behind it and more often than not leads to multiple respawns making the team as a whole loose out on later objectives.
9 times out of ten these "heros" are wearing M12 Maco or Omega gear - I should go into an STF ground pug and start running around doing stupid stuff - and of course I would be told off - "you don't know what you are doing ahole"

they don't know what they are doing in Colony invasion

Today I did a run with no-one in maco/omega gear(technically not true as I keep the visuals disabled on mine - which I doubt many others who got the gear do - i just like my look without it)

anyways we stayed together - fought together as a group - section by section - got all 3 diplos/data/colonist - even the last one - on a PUG!

There is ZERO reason to run ahead - you argo the map - if you don't make it and get the 2nd colonist - 3rd data and last colonist - its lost 90% of the time as now you have spawned the map and no amount of cloak - droping the shard can get you back to the last section in time

Don't run ahead - stay as a team - just like ground STF