Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Starbase Construction
07-25-2012, 09:42 AM
I am more than a little confused and a bit dismayed. We just acquired enough science points (10,000) to complete tier one. STO did open an upgrade project for a communications array. But our starbase is still at tier zero and I obvioulsy don't understand what it takes to get this facility built to tier one. I see no Starbase xp points at all and I thought that once you completed a tier one project in either military, engineering or science that you would get the 1,000 starbase xp and the tier one starbase.

I see no indication that anything on the starbase front has changed.

Would somebody kindly explain this so I can understand?

Thanks.
Career Officer
# 2
07-25-2012, 09:52 AM
There are actually a couple of steps involved, in upgrading the actual starbase to the next tier.

You have started your upgrade to the communications array. Once that is finished, you will get a Upgrade Starbase 1 project, which will upgrade your starbase.

In order to upgrade your starbase tier, you MUST upgrade one of your supporting facilities to the corresponding tier, FIRST.

Then, and only then, will you get the project to upgrade the starbase itself.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-25-2012, 09:57 AM
No clarify, your Starbase tier is based on Starbase XP, which you don't get from normal projects. Only upgrade projects give that, you get 1000 for each military, science, or engineering tier upgrade you finish. After you finish your communications array, you'll get 1000 starbase XP, which will unlock the starbase tier 1 upgrade.
Career Officer
# 4
07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks. That's disappointing and I wish I had known that earlier. I also wish there was a better manual on this game. The wiki was not clear on this and STO seems so intricate that I find it hard to keep up.

Thanks again to you both.

Last edited by oldspyguy; 07-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Captain
# 5
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspyguy View Post
Thanks. That's disappointing and I wish I had known that earlier. I also wish there was a better manual on this game. The wiki was not clear on this and STO seems so intricate that I find it hard to keep up.

Thanks again to you both.
I just reached that point myself in my fleet, I looked at the upgrade project, and it clearly says there that upon completing it, one of the benefits is 1000 Fleet XP, so it seemed clear to me. None of the other projects mentioned they gave fleet XP (which they aren't supposed to.)
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
# 6
07-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm doing the Construct Shipyard right now and it says "1,000 Starbase level"
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 7
07-25-2012, 04:53 PM
I was looking at the wiki and I did not get that there was an extra project after I got to 10,000 points in any of the disciplines. It was my impression that the 10,000 would equate to 1,000 starbase points.

Obviously, I was mistaken. I just wish things were better explained.