Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Captain
Pushed aside? Nobody wants it anymore?

Take the recent released EV Suits in the C-Store. I really love the look of them. One of the first things in my mind when I saw the first Nukara NPC with such a suit was "Where to get THIS?"

Now its out in C-Store as a item=visual suit. Why can't I (when I bought it of course) customize my current EV suit to look like that? Get something like a EV suit tailor in game, that would give me a good reason to buy it & use it for my Tholian-Set Suit. Same for body armor. There are some with a style I prefer above the ones I use for stats.

I mean seriously: You can get make-a-wish creative variations of whole big military space ships but a single armor/ EV Suit is a nono; who do you try to kidding?

Yeha, yeah, "No tech, cannot do, yadayadayada"

I know you dont have that yet, go make it; and don't try to sell us you don't have the basics of that in a virtural drawer already.

Time for my first coffee today.

Last edited by theanothername; 07-29-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Ensign
# 2
07-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Its simple enough, PWE apparently don't care. As they hold the pursestrings, what they say...goes.

They don't actually seem to give a toot about what the playerbase think/want. They just want to ream us all for every penny they can get.

Sure businesses have to make money...but the ones that make money consistently for a long time are the ones that care for their customers needs (or at least manage to convince the customer that they do).

So...don't expect much, since PWE took over the focus seems to have -very- much been "Money! Money! Money!".

/endmytuppenceworth
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-27-2012, 01:53 AM
It went out of the window when Craptic thought fvck the players we dont give **** about the IP either.

Why would they when they make a simple EV suit and charge us 700zen and give it no customisation, all simple add more and more gambling to the game.

TBH customisation stopped after the first few months of the games release really.
Career Officer
# 4
07-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Dont forget that they want 700z for a non accountwide suite (have 6 chars). i never spend any zen on non accountwide items anymore.
Lieutenant
# 5
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewzz View Post
It went out of the window when Craptic thought fvck the players we dont give **** about the IP either.

Why would they when they make a simple EV suit and charge us 700zen and give it no customisation, all simple add more and more gambling to the game.

TBH customisation stopped after the first few months of the games release really.
I Compleatly Agree with this but instead of all of us
Crying about the crap Cryptic is doing with things such
As this why doesn't the player base just Simply take a
Stand like myself and 70 others and Refuse buying Anything
From the CStore,because in all honesty until all of us as a player
Base Continue to buy Cryptics Worthless Crap from their Highly
Overpriced CStore thus continuing to give them our money for Overpriced
Items and Worthless and Empty Promises and Constant Excuses they always
Give us all they Will Not Change,Let's start making Cryptic Start Loosing Money
In their Precious Cash Cow CStore and Stop buying their items all together and
Then let's see how their tone with their player base is, cause if it wasn't for their
Player base they wouldn't be making Any Money at all...just my 2 cents
Commander
# 6
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
the real reason they dnt let you is this........

if you could customize your suit you wouldnt have to buy several of them......

its another way for them to tug at your wallet......

Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Maybe they are working on the customizations? Or we could always go for an in-universe explanation of "mass produced protective suite designed for effectiveness instead of flashiness".
Captain
# 8
07-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkan View Post
Maybe they are working on the customizations?
Seems like whenever customization comes up, they him and haw around the subject. Fleet logos on starbases was asked about recently and the response basicly was "Well if we have the time..."
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 9
07-27-2012, 07:56 AM
it has fallen by the waste side along with quality, reasonable pricing and the addition of free season feature update.....with next to no story line content
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
07-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't think it's necessarily tech holding that back, it's the concept. EV Suits are singular, self contained units, that fit over whatever the person is wearing. There are no breaks in the suit, and thus, why would you artificially divide the suit up? Even if they wanted to, you'd have to figure out where to put in break points, as there are no natural ones (i.e. pants and shirts have natural break points at the waist, and cuffs.) And then, you have to make sure that those parts all work together. When we're trying to make something as iconic as the First Contact suit, having to modify it so that it's sleeves could be used on the old suit, means that if you just want the FC Suit, and put all those parts together, it won't look right.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?