Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,060
# 1 Weapons Stop Firing
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm still attempting to track down solid repro steps on this. I'm spinning the topic off into a new thread because it became obvious that Confuse effects (while originally the most likely culprit) have turned out to not be the true and only cause of this.

I have a few questions for anyone that has experienced this. Please think carefully about the answers and only answer if you are certain it is the truth. Good information will help lead to a solution to this problem.

1) Did you experience this as a Fed or KDF (or both)?

2) Which ship were you flying at the time?

3) Were you on a PvP map? If no, were you on a queue'd map of some other kind? If yes, has anyone experienced this outside of PvP?

4) If in PvP, which faction were you engaged against at the time? (FvF, FvK, KvK)

5) Did it affect all weapons? If no, which were left active?

6) When you were affected by this, did any of your other abilities stop working? If so, which ones?

7) Did you notice any other active UI elements at the time of shutdown that normally are not active? (e.g., the Need/Greed Loot window, or accidentally hit ESC to bring up options, etc)

8) If you managed to fix the issue, what was your solution? (I've heard dying and relogging, but does changing instances work? How about turning the UI off and on again with Alt-F12?)

Thanks, in advance, for your help in tracking this down!
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 2
07-27-2012, 09:44 AM
1) Fed
2) Recon
3) PvP - Salvage Operation
4) FvF
5) Only all three aft phaser beam arrays
6) Only these weapons
7) Not as far as I remember
8) Solution was to let the enemy destroy me
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 558
# 3
07-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm still attempting to track down solid repro steps on this. I'm spinning the topic off into a new thread because it became obvious that Confuse effects (while originally the most likely culprit) have turned out to not be the true and only cause of this.

I have a few questions for anyone that has experienced this. Please think carefully about the answers and only answer if you are certain it is the truth. Good information will help lead to a solution to this problem.

1) Did you experience this as a Fed or KDF (or both)?

2) Which ship were you flying at the time?

3) Were you on a PvP map? If no, were you on a queue'd map of some other kind? If yes, has anyone experienced this outside of PvP?

4) If in PvP, which faction were you engaged against at the time? (FvF, FvK, KvK)

5) Did it affect all weapons? If no, which were left active?

6) When you were affected by this, did any of your other abilities stop working? If so, which ones?

7) Did you notice any other active UI elements at the time of shutdown that normally are not active? (e.g., the Need/Greed Loot window, or accidentally hit ESC to bring up options, etc)

8) If you managed to fix the issue, what was your solution? (I've heard dying and relogging, but does changing instances work? How about turning the UI off and on again with Alt-F12?)

Thanks, in advance, for your help in tracking this down!
This has been a problem to a much lesser extent than it is now (so whatever it is has gotten worse over time), before I used to only have my Torpedoes lock up. Now everything but 1 or 2 weapons can lock up.

1: Both

2: Recon, Assault Cruiser, Vorcha Refit, MVAM, AE.

3: I have never noticed it outside of pvp maps. Admittedly the only pve I do is the Fleet stuff now, with the odd STF hoping I get a purple drop.

4: It seems about even. FvF and FvK. I even had it happen in a KvK on all maps.

5: I have had it happen to 1 weapon (most commonly was my torps.. and this has been an issue since at least Season 4 that I can remember), but I have had it happen to all of them but 1 or 2. The number of unusable weapons seems to very from occasion to occasion, but most commonly if it happens to more than 1 weapon it happens to all of my forward weapons.

6: My bridge officer abilities occasionally go white boxed. Things like EPTS, TSS, Tac teams. No stuns, or disables necessary. Much more commonly however is having a bridge officer ability fired off, and all you get for your trouble is an expired cool down with no ability activation, or it will kick itself into linked cool down and still not give you the use of the ability. The only things I have not had it do this with are my Captain Abilities. The two issues, at least on the surface do not appear to be related, as they do not happen together very often. (thankfully, at least for us players.. probably something that is going to make it a nightmare for you guys)

7: It does not seem at least for me, any more prevalent in one instance or another. I have had it happen with extra windows up or not.

8: Dying, and relogging seems to be the best bet. Never tried turning off the UI.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,060
# 4
07-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Let's be specific -- only include answers from events that happened AFTER Season 6 launched. I'm aware that this may have been happening prior, but the circumstances that caused those previous outages may have differed from current code.

Focus your experiences to the past 2 weeks.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 558
# 5
07-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Let's be specific -- only include answers from events that happened AFTER Season 6 launched. I'm aware that this may have been happening prior, but the circumstances that caused those previous outages may have differed from current code.

Focus your experiences to the past 2 weeks.
This is all stuff that is still occurring now, I only mentioned that it goes back to at least season 4 that I can remember, to at least hopefully give some idea of where to start looking. I don't know if I carried that point across properly or not.

I wouldn't have mentioned stuff like expiring boff CDs with no ability granted, if it were not happening now.

In the last 2 weeks I have had all of the above happen at least on 3 distinctly different occasions. On all of those ships, in all of those matches, and all of those maps. I don't know how to consistently reproduce it yet, since it seems like after going over my combat footage, that there's alot of different things going on, in each video. I did manage to have it happen right after Jesse Logged and I did catch it on camera. I'll comb over the footage frame by frame and see if I can isolate it or not.

Also @Thissler had it happen to him as well. We were farting around with @Sivar in the same match Jesse had left, to go work on things.

Last edited by mavairo; 07-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 46
# 6
07-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavairo View Post
This is all stuff that is still occurring now, I only mentioned that it goes back to at least season 4 that I can remember, to at least hopefully give some idea of where to start looking. I don't know if I carried that point across properly or not.

I wouldn't have mentioned stuff like expiring boff CDs with no ability granted, if it were not happening now.

In the last 2 weeks I have had all of the above happen at least on 3 distinctly different occasions. On all of those ships, in all of those matches, and all of those maps. I don't know how to consistently reproduce it yet, since it seems like after going over my combat footage, that there's alot of different things going on, in each video. I did manage to have it happen right after Jesse Logged and I did catch it on camera. I'll comb over the footage frame by frame and see if I can isolate it or not.

Also @Thissler had it happen to him as well. We were farting around with @Sivar in the same match Jesse had left, to go work on things.
This just happened to me about an hour ago in Starbase Fleet Defense. After using Beam Overload 1, both of my forward facing DBBs stopped firing. The problem corrected itself after I died and respawned.

1. Fed
2. Armitage
3. Not a pvp map, I was in Starbase Defense (against Gorn NPCs)
4. N/A
5. Not all weapons, just my two forward facing DBBs. Forward torp and Quad cannons were unaffected. Aft weapons were unaffected as well.
6. Not sure about all of my abilities, but I was able to use my shield and hull heals
7. Did not notice any
8. The problem fixed itself after dying and respawning

Last edited by captainbaldy; 07-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,032
# 7
07-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

I have a few questions for anyone that has experienced this. Please think carefully about the answers and only answer if you are certain it is the truth. Good information will help lead to a solution to this problem.

1) Did you experience this as a Fed or KDF (or both)? KDF

2) Which ship were you flying at the time? Qin Raptor

3) Were you on a PvP map? If no, were you on a queue'd map of some other kind? If yes, has anyone experienced this outside of PvP? No, Pi Canis Sortie Alpha. I thought is was from a Phaser Proc but a use of Engineering team didn't fix it and it lasted the remaineder of the mission. Leaving the mission and returning to it fixed it.

4) If in PvP, which faction were you engaged against at the time? (FvF, FvK, KvK)

5) Did it affect all weapons? If no, which were left active? Not all weapons

6) When you were affected by this, did any of your other abilities stop working? If so, which ones? not sure, the weapons affected in the weapons window got a white highlight box around them

7) Did you notice any other active UI elements at the time of shutdown that normally are not active? (e.g., the Need/Greed Loot window, or accidentally hit ESC to bring up options, etc) did not notice any

8) If you managed to fix the issue, what was your solution? (I've heard dying and relogging, but does changing instances work? How about turning the UI off and on again with Alt-F12?) changing instance did work, as noted in #3

Thanks, in advance, for your help in tracking this down!
answers in the quore
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Registered: Oct/2009 , LTS : Feb/2011
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,186
# 8
07-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
answers in the quore
+1
Same here, to add occasionally happens in starbase defense and freighter escort PvE maps as well, and effects only forward weapons.

Also have similiar problem in 'the Vault' event but I've noticed at the time weapons cease firing is when target lock appears to 'unlock' or targets nothing at all.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
# 9
07-27-2012, 10:40 AM
1 Federation
2 Patrol Escort
3 No not a PVP map, Yes PVE map-Federation Fleet Alert, No-Win
4 N/A
5 All weapons were locked
6 all powers still worked
7 no
8 deselect target, fly away out of combat range of all hostiles, smash space bar repededly while a energy weapons power was active.

While this has happened to me while i was mostly fighting the KDF npc i was not hit with the disable weapons power some of the NPC have. I have popped an engi team while i was unable to attack, a weapon battery, and red matter. My weapons power was not at zero it was well over 75% i could still move and turn. I thought it was that power but when i fought the Romulins in No-Win several instances my weapons would stop firing with me at most 8km away from the nearest target while running cannons and cannon powers.
what the hell is up with the crappy "f" at the end of my name was never there on either website till the crappy change
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
# 10
07-28-2012, 04:52 PM
for borticus

What pandas found against clowns and re

clowns used ams, repulses, scramble sensors, chroniton proc. typical re no offence!

pandas no p2w consoles but Scramble sensors.

we all felt the issues of no weapon fire and decided to quit 7:6



the theory is: pandas one person gave the bug through ss to other players.

Ie:
if ams caused bug and pandas man press ss then scramble created bug on frindly side causing overall bug. not Scramble sensors fault it just bounces back.

here is a few ideas:

possibly the chroniton fix has messed up underneath code

possibly the skills that change ui ie scramble sensors etc might be a issue.

either way not met this bug unless facing them

Last edited by the4monkeys; 07-28-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 AM.