Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 State of the Game: July 2012
07-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Star Trek Online Executive Producer Dan Stahl checks in with this month's State of the Game article. Give it a read by clicking on the link below and let us know your thoughts in this thread!

Link to the news article.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
07-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Cool news about the spotlight foundry rewards. I'm looking forward to expanding the rewards given to players for playing UGC missions
Commander
# 3
07-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Does the new Foundry rewards have anything to do with why its still off line?
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-27-2012, 04:11 PM
"Some positive feedback about the new Tholian Lockbox"

Good thing you said some, as it was only some There was the standard outrage that it was a lockbox, but the rewards were much improved (4 ships instead of 1, for starters)
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Nice to see that the Foundry gets some love.

Don't rush into season 7 too soon though, there are still many bugs that needs to be fixes. It's astounding to see that the whole community is complaining about the broken exchange and that no member of the team is telling us what is about to be done or even if someone is working on that, with some sort of ETA. I don't think you realize how important it is for many of us. I see people complaining every time I read the zone chat on ESD.

And in the meantime, instead of fixing this important feature, the UI team is working on making the doff UI inefficient and barely useable - no one asked for that.

Season 6 brought many good and positive changes about content itself, but it still needs a lot of fixes, please don't forget to clean the mess before introducing more mess.
Captain
# 6
07-27-2012, 04:24 PM
My feedback which I;m sure will be removed from the main site shortly:

Quote:
I have to agree. No mention of all of the players having issues with just logging into the game. No mention of player after player reporting poor customer service received from the company. Moderation is non existent on the support forums with racism, bigotry and personal attacks abound while the moderators and staff turn a blind eye. I got proved to yesterday that the employee who is supposed to be in charge of the forums doesn't even know what the settings for the software. The in game item exchange has fallen to a very well know bug that's been known for for at least four months and now has gotten worse. And if you want to mention the foundry, how about mentioning that for many months many of us couldn't even access it? Pretty much an article full of fluff and just shows that Mr. Stahl is completely out of touch with his own game. How about a real and honest State of the Game that covers both the positives as well as acknowledging what's wrong and how your company is working towards fixing and/or addressing the issues?
edit: Oh and can we please get whatever software you;re using for comments to accept a paragraph break/use of the enter key?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 7
07-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post

edit: Oh and can we please get whatever software you;re using for comments to accept a paragraph break/use of the enter key?
Totally agree with your quote MikeW.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
# 8
07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
Totally agree with your quote MikeW.
I;m sitting here looking at the typos....
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Career Officer
# 9
07-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post

Why don't you, instead, go to this URL and scroll all the way to the bottom and choose Basic Editor under the Message Editor section?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!

Last edited by tfomega; 07-30-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Captain
# 10
07-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
Why don't you, instead, go to this URL and scroll all the way to the bottom and choose Basic Editor under the Message Editor section?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions
Because 1) I'm saying that for the blog like side of the site and not the forums and 2) That's actually the editor I use here in the forums.

if you take a second, you'll notice that all of the comments are large walls of text.

The forums do see a enter insert as a paragraph break anyway. The blog side of the site does not.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner