Commander
# 1 Advanced Fleet Weapons
07-30-2012, 11:11 AM
We worked hard myself and my few good friends in a pvp hardy fleet. Although our numbers are greatly limited in comparison to some of the other fleets out there, we still were enthusiastic to what our rewards would be. However, once achieved the 2nd level tier of engineering we were shocked to see flavorless weapons be unlocked after all the hard work.

DMGx3 is not a flavor with any kind of special effect when fired it increases damage values, and that's it. ACC however is perhaps the most valuable of all in this game. Exchange values are extreme on weapons with ACCx3 flavor. Most if not all the weapons unlocked at tier two engineering, featured a [Dmg]x3 flavor and one other flavor. These are at times worse than borg STF weapons when some of them don't even have [Acc] flavor.

Fleet weapons are nowhere comparable to a good solid ACCx2 weapon much less a weapon that is ACCx3. So having said that, why have the developers created such awful rewards for leveling an engineering station? Or even a Science focused station?

I think just about everyone in my fleet is very close to leaving this game, and you might find the same feelings throughout the pvp community. Especially when they realize there is nothing new being introduced to the 'weapons' department when it comes to pvp game play.

On behalf of my fleet, whom which barely speak a word of English but have been taught to play this game very well, please fix this. Otheriwise, once other fleets of pvp orientation will find themselves practically unhappy with what the starbase has to offer, aside of course from another "ship store" to unlock.

-@PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (RP in this instance stands for Really Pissed..)
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
The Fleet i am in unlocked T2 recently as well, and yes it was not worth it, the Weapons, Armour and Shields were not worth the time and they are Ultra Rare?

The STF sets are still alot better with there set bonuses.

Could they not at least have reskinned them with a new look, it is all very lame especially when we end up paying a fortune 200k D to unlock it, you have to pay to restock them with a measily 10 items and then pay more D to buy it from the Store.

i hear you because my Fleet more or less went wow this is so cheap and it cost them most of there D.

TBH the Fleet Base system is really overrated and i think many know it or will eventually, you should NOT pay 3 times for the items it is a pure and simple grab for your money, once yea ok its a FTP but 3times, bugger off lol

Fastly becoming the most expensive FTP game out there with the least amount of content.
Lieutenant
# 3 space fleet weapons
07-30-2012, 11:24 AM
I do have to agree with Pax. Most players with high level equipment run at least accx2 weapons or better. Dmgx3 is worthless in pvp and if anything may only be good on some beam boats in PvE. Because the starbase weapons are "dmgx3" i seriously doubt many people will use these weapons.

@minitrckin08
of ISC and Turkish RP heros

Last edited by evilghost1026; 07-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I concur with Pax and Fewzz

The costs are still WAY TO HIGH for starbases, what do they think we are? Super rich players with nothing but 500 of each doff type? a billion dilithium and mass time to spare for fleet marks?

Seriously, reduce the amount of pressure you are putting on players Cryptic.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
# 5
07-30-2012, 11:50 AM
[Acc]x3 [Critx] plz
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeeperr1 View Post
[Acc]x3 [Critx] plz
yES YES, It would make the grind worth the while.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 7
07-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree wholeheartedly...In fact, there was a thread about this last week! Even though this refers to ground weapons, the same sentiment applies. I can only hope that other versions with different combinations of modifiers will show up at later tiers...
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
yES YES, It would make the grind worth the while.
Yeap. Looked at the shields and weapons and facepalmed.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 9
07-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Another page in Cryptic's Bleed the Playerbase Dry. Chpt. 7 Verse Three...

"And on this day did the PVP community, who had stepped away from they're silly battle fields to fight the good and holy fight of PVE righteousness did find they're much lauded rewards to be false. And so they wept for the hard work wasted, the resources squandered, the sanity discarded in the bowls of 15man missions and the hope of new toys dashed. Thus the Cryptic gods did giggle in delight, their plan to ensnare the righteous PVPer to a life of STF-flavored grind did meet full circle."

So sayeth the Prophet Regulus.

Last edited by aquitaine985; 07-30-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Another page in Cryptic's Bleed the Playerbase Dry. Chpt. 7 Verse Three...

"And on this day did the PVP community, who had stepped away from they're silly battle fields to fight the good and holy fight of PVE righteousness did find they're much lauded rewards to be false. And so they wept for the hard work wasted, the resources squandered, the sanity discarded in the bowls of 15man missions and the hope of new toys dashed. Thus the Cryptic gods did giggle in delight, they're plan to ensnare the righteous PVP to a life of STF-flavored grind did meet full circle."

So sayeth the Prophet Regulus.
Just remember this http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/...ugemining2.jpg

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |