Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Ensign
I've been debating getting a life-time subscriber sub, but the Information on Life Time accounts compared to current accounts seems extremely out of date. Does anybody have an up to date list on the advantages of being a life-time subscriber compared to free-to-play?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Really, the only advantage I find worth anything is the 500 zen a month I get paid to play the game.

The only other real advantage is the 600 day vet free VA ship token I get per toon, but you could pay monthly and qualify for that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2012, 12:38 PM
You get a bigger knife in your back every time the game adds something new (that now always seems to require a second real life money purchase).

... actually i'm not a lifer, so I have no idea ...

... and with waiting a month now (and still waiting) for a fix for a camera bug making the game completely unplayable, why would I buy a lifetime? it's completely obvious that the powers that be care nothing about the game itself any more.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 07-30-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Im totally unsure. Its hard to justify Gold never mind life.
Commander
# 5
07-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saverick459 View Post
Does anybody have an up to date list on the advantages of being a life-time subscriber compared to free-to-play?
Just look up feature-matrix, gold is the same as LTS.
Add Neverwinter Beta access, and you're already done.
The advantages are rather small.
If you don't care for Vet rewards and don't level up a toon till VA every month, it's not worth it anymore.

You're better off buying a sub for the month you're leveling, which is really worth it.
Captain
# 6
07-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Where's that rowboat picture....
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lieutenant
# 7
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
They need a Zen bonus upon initial buying, of at least $30-$40 range, i mean you just spent 200 for something, they would get the money in the end. Also having a higher Gold/LTS base, would give more reasons into making pay-play servers in the future. Just a thought but, subscriber bases should be a concern at least.
Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
Ensign
# 8
07-30-2012, 10:30 PM
So basically I can spend 15 bucks while leveling to gain all the gold advantages (IE Bank Space) and keep them when it expires?
Career Officer
# 9
07-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
So basically I can spend 15 bucks while leveling to gain all the gold advantages (IE Bank Space) and keep them when it expires?
However, you don't get access to the 'Liberated Borg' player character, as only a Lifetime sub has access to this species...
Captain
# 10
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:

Yep. Difference between LTS and Gold for 1 Month is... Liberated Borg and Vet Rewards.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution