Ensign
# 1 unspent skill points
08-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Hello,

I am a new player to STO and i am playing it now for a few days and i have a i quess a Noob question.

When my character is on the starbase and i rightclick on my chars. picture in the upper left corner (standard HUD) end i select info i get a screen with some of my chars features.
Under the name of my ship is a line called: Unspent skill points.

I can't seem to find any way to spent those skillpoints.

Can i spend those skill points?
If Yes, How?

Thanks in advance for answering this question.

Greetings,
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Press U to bring up your Character screen. Then select the "Skills Tab" and you will see a window of Boxes representing skills, where you can assign points using the up arrow. There is a small guide on stowiki

http://www.stowiki.org/Skill_point

Also, check out STo Academy which has a Skills Planner : http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 3
05-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Sorry to bump this topic, but are you sure? And I assume the posted is correct, but... Here is where I get with this. When I look at my character I see Unspent Skill Points = 147572. Now when I add up all of the true skill points that I have not used (available) 7,072+3,827... This math is easy to understand. I am way off from what that info is saying... If i add all of the skill points I have used the total amount equals to 206,077... I think its just a bug and cryptic don't care.

It's just dumb to have it listed, if its not relevant or accurate. For new players like me I have been scouring the internet for hours looking at this, wondering if I do in fact have skill points to spend else where.

Last edited by t04dst0n3d; 05-30-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Lieutenant
# 4
05-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Oh I think you're talking about skill points that you can use to train your Boffs. Those skill points can also be used for Reputation, and some Fleet Projects....
Career Officer
# 5
05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
I seem to have lots of them, please tell me more.
Captain
# 6
05-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t04dst0n3d View Post
Sorry to bump this topic, but are you sure? And I assume the posted is correct, but... Here is where I get with this. When I look at my character I see Unspent Skill Points = 147572. Now when I add up all of the true skill points that I have not used (available) 7,072+3,827... This math is easy to understand. I am way off from what that info is saying... If i add all of the skill points I have used the total amount equals to 206,077... I think its just a bug and cryptic don't care.

It's just dumb to have it listed, if its not relevant or accurate. For new players like me I have been scouring the internet for hours looking at this, wondering if I do in fact have skill points to spend else where.
The 'Unspent Experience' field on the Info window for character is misnamed. It's actually total Earned Experience. You can see a better breakdown on how your experience is spent at the bottom of the Skills window. The Available: field is your unspent XP. The Space/Ground Spent: field are your spent XP.
Career Officer
# 7
05-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Ah ok, thank you for the heads up. Too bad its not actually true that I did have unspent xp points to spend.